Should I replace stock cats with hi flows?

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 01 Yellow GTS ACR (1400 miles) I have been told by several sellers of exhaust systems that I should definitely replace the stock cats with Random Tech (stainless not ceramic) hi flow cats to keep the sills from being discolored. I am going to install a borla cat back on this car and would like to know if because the car is yellow the sills would discolor quicker than other colors. :confused: My 01 red RT with corsa cat back and stock cats has 7,500 miles on her with no discoloration.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think colors like silver tend to "yellow" more than others. But, I would do the cats just for the extra hp and less heat.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frank! Don't do it! You've always like the color yella when it came to driving above the speed limit! If you get rid of the cats it might be illegal where you're at and since you don't break the law when you drive under the speed limit, this might be crossing the line for you!

How's that ACR selt belt? Has it caused and sore spots that make you walk funny...you stop sign racer! LOL! I hope mickey reads this!

OP
OP
F

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How's that ACR selt belt? Has it caused any sore spots that make you walk funny...you stop sign racer! LOL! I hope mickey reads this!

Adam:

The ACR five point belt definitely takes some getting used to. To answer your question, it only causes sore spots when one uses the standard across the chest belt and sits on the 5 point belt when it is buckled and in the seat. :shocked: But I have learned that if one is very careful one can position the 5 point precisely and then there is no sore spot. :eek: Of course, in this situation when one gets out of the car, the 5 point tends to want to come out with you, like it is connected to you. :eek: I think this problem can only be overcome with constant use. :2tu:

Frank

OP
OP
F

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How's that ACR selt belt? Has it caused any sore spots that make you walk funny...you stop sign racer! LOL! I hope mickey reads this!

Adam:

The ACR five point belt definitely takes some getting used to. To answer your question, it only causes sore spots when one uses the standard across the chest belt and sits on the 5 point belt when it is buckled and in the seat. :shocked: But I have learned that if one is very careful one can position the 5 point precisely and then there is no sore spot. :eek: Of course, in this situation when one gets out of the car, the 5 point tends to want to come out with you, like it is connected to you. :eek: I think this problem can only be overcome with constant use. :2tu:

Frank

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL! Frank!

I'm sure you need that belt when you are doing the stop light to stop light driving! ha! You better also make sure the belt is on tight when trying to turn those knobs on the radio also!

Frank! You're too fun to pick on! I luv ya!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
asking this question is like saying should i buy a viper or a corvette! aftermarket cats or NO cats is the way to go rookie