V-10 Nationals Entry's counted we need More soon!!!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V-10 Nationals Entry\'s counted we need More soon!!!

we have 14 pre registered so far. The deadline is approaching! If you are coming you need to Pre register! this can be a great event but we need people to committ and Pre register!!!!!

I will keep things posted as they come in, but so far we are well off from our goal.

V-10 Nationals Finals

Pre Registration Deadline is October 30th
If 50 pre paid entry's are not recieved by the deadline this event will cancel!

If you are planning to come make sure and pre register. last year we had well over 75 cars in attendance and the track is the fastest track we have ever been! this race will be the grand daddy of Viper Drag racing!!!!

Pre registration form is here: www.v10nationals.com

Event info is here: www.v10nationals.com/news.htm

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: V-10 Nationals Entry\'s counted we need More soon!!!

I am sending mine in this week.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this for the FLorida event?

yes! you did great last time G you coming back?

We should hook up sometime for lunch or dinner the chuckster and I can meet you!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's post the names to show who is stepping up to support the V-10 Nationals, possibly enticing the rest to do the same :2tu: :2tu:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good idea, please post the pre-reg'd list.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roof,

You can COUNT ME IN..and my customers the Saunders, who may be bringing as many as 4 cars. We are just too busy to sign up right now. Nevertheless, consider us to be there unless the earth explodes!

Tom

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roof,

We are planning to attend your event, it looks like a good time.

Butch
SMS Racing

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

14!!?? thats it??!! 14??!! thats bullshiit!!! what are people waiting for!? jeez its not like its alot of money. come out and race the damnn racecar you own or at least support the V10 nats. ***?? florida sunshine. racing, beers, bikini girls, good food, comradre, what more could you want. single or married this event is a must!?

jimmy buffett said it best; "id rather die while im living than live while im dead!"

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Yeah, more of what V10 Mojo said, Yeah!! Come on sign up you garage queen posers.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

David, Sending in 2 more today. Defending my Super Street title. Mike ACR your favorite Stock Class Viper will be there too. Looking for another "plastic" trophy.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately my car will be getting some work done to it, but I am coming to watch the event. I am bringing three other people as well. For us folks that can't bring our car, do we just pay when we arrive? Thanks.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can run there anytime for $15 on thursday nights. I'll be there to watch the unlimited class because thats where the real racing is. Noone holds back. All the other classes always have someone in each class sand bagging just so they can get their trophy, what a joke. A car that was running 10.8's in 11.0-11.5 class. A car with a 1.4 60ft in the pure stock class. I hope alot of 9 sec cars show up for a good show.

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I plan on driving the viper to the race. Will be a spectator cheering you guys on ,as usual. You guys who haven"t been to one of these events really need to step up and support Roof and company at the V10 nationals. They need lots of support for these great events to be back next year.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will post all names of those pre Registered Sunday.

I am flying home tonight and will be able to update everything.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Correction: My cars runs 10.70 not 10.80. I will be in the
11.00-11.50 Class. Any good driver can beat another in their
perspective Class regardless of how quick the car is. No matter how good a driver I might be a 10.70 car can not win
against a 10.50 car. Barring mistakes.

Why do you continue this nonsense?

NO one in the real world cares about our little race it's only for our entertainment.

I'll see you there and you can crash me at the go-cart track
if you like.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

Correction: My cars runs 10.70 not 10.80. I will be in the
11.00-11.50 Class. Any good driver can beat another in their
perspective Class regardless of how quick the car is. No matter how good a driver I might be a 10.70 car can not win
against a 10.50 car. Barring mistakes.

Why do you continue this nonsense?

NO one in the real world cares about our little race it's only for our entertainment.

I'll see you there and you can crash me at the go-cart track
if you like.

I don't even know who the hell you are or what your talking about. Are you saying your the sand bagger that ran in the 11.0-11.5 class with a 10.7 car? If so I hope your proud of your plastic trophy. If I understand you right then if my car can run under 11.5 I should run in the 12.0 class so I can try and win a trophy. No thanks not my style. If it was just entertainment for you then you would run proper class and not worry about winning your little trophy :rolleyes: I guess that was your buddy with the 1.4 60ft car in stock class. Two of kind. Chuck Babel was the real winner in that class. If I were to rack up any trophies I would give them all to you guys and go home proud I ran in proper class. Like I said I'll be there to watch the real racing in the unlimited class. What are you talking about me continuing this? You brought my name up in this post [******].

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So now I'm confused. My car has once run 10.44... but I am normally a 10.6-10.8. Which class should I run in??

oh my!

JD

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So now I'm confused. My car has once run 10.44... but I am normally a 10.6-10.8. Which class should I run in??

oh my!

JD

If you need a trophy its simple, run in the 11.0 - 12.0 class :D :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh my!

JD

No, no. By your line of thought, anything 10.50 and up he should win a trophy and he would be classified as a sandbagger. Shouldn't he be in the 9.90-10.49 class :confused: :confused:

:D :D

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh my!

JD

Joseph,
You should run either 11.00-11.50 or 11.00-10.50 class. You want to be at the
bottom of whichever class you pick i.e. 11.00 in the 11-11.50 class or 10.50 in the 11-10.50 class. Remember you can not go quicker than the set dial-in.

I only have NOS on my car so I can run Stock class down to Super Stock class depending on if or in what gear I use the spray. I choose the 11.00-11.50 class
because I can't get to the bottom of the 10.50 class.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh my!

JD

Mike,
It's not about winning Trophies as much as keeping people like you from getting one.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh my!

JD

No, no. By your line of thought, anything 10.50 and up he should win a trophy and he would be classified as a sandbagger. Shouldn't he be in the 9.90-10.49 class :confused: :confused:

:D :D

Not at all there might be a 9.5 car in that class. Go the safe way out if he wants to win a trophy and run the 11.0 - 12.0 class. :D

Actually I think all the cars in the 9's are the most honest, thats why I hope alot show up , good racing to watch. :2tu:

Hope to see Ward bust 10 sec and Tom Welch and Lee S. win.

I'll also pull for Fuelman John C. He runs 10.80's and that is the class he runs in, not in the 11 classes.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So here's what I've been doing... I've been running in the 10.5 class... in the 11.0 class I'll usually break out and I don't want to sandbag. And, on the assumption that I am getting better each race, I'd hate to run a 10.99 in the 11.0 class. And I also know that I crack under pressure and launch poorly while in competition. So I doubt that I'll ever break out in anything other than qualifying...

And so it goes.

It might be a 9 sec car, but it is a 12 second driver. Put the two together and you end up with a mid 10 second car.

But that could all change if I learn to launch. We'll see...

JD

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So here's what I've been doing... I've been running in the 10.5 class... in the 11.0 class I'll usually break out and I don't want to sandbag. And, on the assumption that I am getting better each race, I'd hate to run a 10.99 in the 11.0 class. And I also know that I crack under pressure and launch poorly while in competition. So I doubt that I'll ever break out in anything other than qualifying...

And so it goes.

It might be a 9 sec car, but it is a 12 second driver. Put the two together and you end up with a mid 10 second car.

But that could all change if I learn to launch. We'll see...

JD

Unfortunately running the 10.50 class with a 10.20 car classifies you as a sand bagger to some. You dial your car in to the times it may run in later rounds of elimmination when being heat soaked or having low bottle pressure doesn't deliver peak hp because of quicker times between rounds.

If knowing and applying the rules makes me a sandbagger then so be it. Anyone feel free to put me out in any round of the class I choose to be in that day.
I don't wait at the back of the line to cherry pick a weaker opponent.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

oh my!

JD

Mike,
It's not about winning Trophies as much as keeping people like you from getting one.

Its ALL about winning a trophy for you otherwise you would run in the class you should 10.5 - 11.0

You just admitted your car runs 10.7 but you choose to run in 11.0-11.5 class why is that. Why would you not run in the class you belong in? Only one reason you need a TROPHY.

I'm done with you and your EGO.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I run the class I'm in because that is where my car is most competetive. It will not run better than high ten's so why
would I run in a low ten second class?

If I turned off the NOS and ran in a slower class would that be sandbagging too? What if I turned down the boost on a super or turbo-charged car,is that still cheating?

Did you know even road racers don't use everything they've
got all the time? And Nascar and Formula 1. How dare they.

I respect the opinions of Doug Levin,1Tony1 and Tom Welch because they
are experienced "Drag Racers". If you guys feel I am wrong
please chime in.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Noone said anything about you running in the low 10's, so where did you get that from? You said your car is a 10.7 car so that would be 10.5 - 11.0 class. The guys you mentioned above I bet run in the class they know their car is capable of. Ray it really does not matter, this event may have different classes anyway if not enough entries.

I really don't like arguing with fellow Viper owners and this is getting way off. You brought my name into this post so I responded. I don't even know if I know you. The bottom line you and the rest of the Fla. vipers I hope kick butt. Have fun because thats all that really matters.

The last event I raced in the 11.0 - 11.5 class. My best time ever 11.41 If a trophy was what I wanted I would have raced in the 11.5 - 12.0 class but I chose not to, I ran as hard as I could and went in that class.

Gerald ran in our class but he had know clue. He ran his best time ever first time at 10.8 and lost because he honestly did not know what he could run.

Anyway it really does not matter to me because I won't even be racing.

Hope you guys have fun and good luck :usa:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, Maybe I should have ran in the quicker class but honestly unless I have A fresh bottle at the proper temp each round,I can't run those times. I drive my car to the events so I can't carry enough NOS. It would be easier to
run flat out but a 10.50 car has a 3 car length advantage over a 10.70 car. I can't make that up on the tree.

Anyway I too agree as a cfl and sfl member of the VCA we
should be more focused on our out of town guests.

I do prefer to hear from others on the subject and will keep
an open mind. If my thinking is wrong I'll try to find some more hp and run in the 10.50 class.

Thank you