My New Sloan Kwik Load Trailer (pic)

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new Sloan, 20-foot, aluminum bed trailer has arrived! But since my tow vehicle is apparently on the slow boat from China, well, Germany actually, to get it home I enlisted the help again of Gary Almond, who has towed my Viper numerous times in his enclosed trailer, and now, ironically, has towed my Viper on my open trailer. Hey, what's wrong with this picture? Hehe. Thanks for your help Gary! Also providing a lot of help was Jim Ksenich (717-764-9289) of York, PA, who was as close to my Arlington, VA address as a couple other Sloan distributors, but who stood apart by giving me not only a great deal on the trailer but also by going waaaaaay beyond the customer service call of duty before, during and especially after the sale. Thanks for your help Jim! Jim and Gary are the guys in the photo.

The trailer itself is impressive in every respect. It appears solidly built yet light, weighing in at just over 1300 lbs with the aluminum bed and fenders. The roll-back tilting bed works smoothly and provides such a low angle of incline that we were actually able to push my Viper on to the trailer. The size, at 20 feet, leaves ample room up front to walk in front of the car or store a set of track tires (which is my intention) and the fenders are low enough that the Viper doors easily clear them. Both axels have electronically activated brakes, there are two large locking "tool boxes" built flush into the deck at the front of trailer, one of which will easily hold my straps, a jack and a lug wrench, and there are even deck lights that light up the underside of vehicle being towed so you can easily see where to anchor straps even at night. Everything seems well thought out and looks sharp. I'm very pleased.

7177IMGP1178-med.JPG

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love mine as well.
Watch out for the license plate...I can't tell from your pic but if you have a full (normal) sized plate, it sticks inward enough to scrape the sill if you're too close to that side (at least I did it with my GTS!).

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mounted my plate on the fender when I had my Sloan,seemed like the thing to do.Good friend of mine fabricated a hinged bracket for his,folds down for loading and unloading.

Reaction score
When I had mine, Paul Ronald and I modified the bracket and the plate so it was relocated more "outboard", it would just clear....then we took some door edge guard and, after bending a tiny bit of the plat over (flush against the back), added the guard. I think McGuireV10 still has that plate....I can't remember!! LOL :confused:

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bend the plate back and forth...I'll move it to the fender eventually. Just waiting for the plate to snap from folding it so many times!
One of the few design flaws with this trailer.

Another is that I think he should have put some small rollers on the bottom side of the back end of the deck since I now have numerous scrapes on my concrete driveway!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK.. I'm kicking myself. I sold Tony's trailer, and I'd like one of the aluminum ones. Who has the best price on the west coast? I'll drive to Texas if I have to!
PBR
10 of 50

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper