Need Help! Attn: current or previous 01-04 porsche 911 turbo owners.

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry...I know this is WAY OFF viper topic but I don't know anywhere else to go to for advise and im not a porsche forum member.. anyways Im looking to get artic silver 1 owner 2001 porsche 911 turbo to add to my Viper srt-10 and other rides... The Car has 58k miles 6sp mint condition.

Options include

Nav GPS
full carbon fiber insides.
fVD exhaust
all factory GT2 tail from germany (was told 10-15k upgrade)
aero front spoiler kit.
Part assist
upgrade wheels
100k warranty.

and im sure other options but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

How much do you think this porsche is worth? Any input would be greatly apreciated.

Cal

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy!

I was shopping 996/TT's before I decide to go with an SRT - the 01's as you probably know had a different interior than the 02+ models. Some people seem to think the 02+ "upgraded" interior is a bit better (I've personally only seen the 02+ so I don't know how much the 01's differ).

I found a couple of 01's in the high 70's neither with an extended warranty (both private owners). Those seemed to be decent prices - the cars had some upgrades, fairly well optioned interiors (supple leather, carbon). They were both _low_ mileage cars - less than 20K.

The 02's looked like they were going for low-mid 80's - in 02+ you can also get a car with the X50 option (bigger turbos, K16's I think like the GT2, etc.) which produces ~450 HP and gives you a slightly better starting point for performance upgrades. I noticed the X50, while incredibly pricey as a new option, added like $3K-4K in the used market (which is a pretty decent deal).

For online pricing reference I usually check into these sites:

http://www.edmunds.com

http://www.kbb.com

Both have private, dealer wholesale and dealer retail and options for doing a "custom" pricing based on mileage, location, options, etc. (though they don't get into ALL the Porsche factory options - ever seen a 996 order sheet? It's like a 1040 form! Lots of factory customization available).

Good Luck!

BTW, I had a Supra a couple of years ago - T04R single, graphite grey (the first!), lots of Top Secret, polish work, big brakes, suspension, etc., built by Nero and Titan out of Orlando. Guy out in TX owns it now.

Seeya -

DT

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aftermarket stuff really adds nothing to resale value, unless done as a package ie: RUF, Lingenfelter etc. I would say that car should sell in the mid 70s.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the 6 speed and go with a trip. You can't drive a clutch euro car like an American car. They are less forgiving... you can't feather a clutch on a Porsche like you can on an American car..... I had one on a 99' 911 c2 that lasted 3700 miles.... it had to go.....

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the 6 speed and go with a trip. You can't drive a clutch euro car like an American car. They are less forgiving... you can't feather a clutch on a Porsche like you can on an American car..... I had one on a 99' 911 c2 that lasted 3700 miles.... it had to go.....

I would say my experience has been different. I have had several "Euro" cars with 6 speed trannys and all of them were just fine. :rolleyes:

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you know how to drive a euro clutch...... I know some that have lasted 35000 miles.... Mine was a rental so I had a lot of people who didn't know what they were doing... Just the flywheel on a 911 is $ 975, that's COST...... Burn everything up and you're talking almost 3g.... The problem is once you feel the clutch slip for the first time... the flywheel is garbage... can't be cut.... so you have to catch it BEFORE that happens which is very difficult.

S

sachin

I would say that car with roughly 60k miles is only worth mid-high 60's.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you know how to drive a euro clutch...... I know some that have lasted 35000 miles.... Mine was a rental so I had a lot of people who didn't know what they were doing... Just the flywheel on a 911 is $ 975, that's COST...... Burn everything up and you're talking almost 3g.... The problem is once you feel the clutch slip for the first time... the flywheel is garbage... can't be cut.... so you have to catch it BEFORE that happens which is very difficult.

Well that does make sense. I see you own an exotic rental company. That would be a nightmare watching some goober drive off in your expensive car ... :confused:

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the owner wanted 66k It was sold before I could ****** it. Oh well. I guess more driving time with the viper! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets