Advise to Upgrade Sound

A-Train

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen prior posts for SRT sound upgrade. Any advise for a quick way to upgrade the stock sound without spending an arm and a leg? Switching stock speakers helps? And how much improvement?

A Train
03 Blk SRT
02 XC90
01 Wht C5

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting a 10" sub in the passenger footwell all the way in the back. It's very deep there and will only come out 8" which will still give good leg room for passengers. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I threw some pioneer tsa-1680r's into the doors and it made a world of difference. They're rated at 220W max, I think 65W rms. I can now go full volume without distortion. I think I paid in the neighborhood of $120 for the pair. Took about 30 minutes total to install.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooomph, are the door speakers plug and play or did you have to make a few modifications to fit?

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooomph, are the door speakers plug and play or did you have to make a few modifications to fit?

Plug and play for the most part. I didn't get the applicable harnesses (they didn't have any), so I soldered my wires. Only took a couple of minutes on each door, maybe 10 minutes or so on each considering stock removal and finding a decent position for supporting the new speaker for soldering.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Polk 6.5's today and installed them in my 05 VCA Took about 30 minutes. Just snipped off stock ones and added female connector that clips into the polks. Better but not great to me. What other Speakers will fit my 04? $99 is cheap. $200 range? With Same bolt pattern and stock grills? for even better sound!