Drag Racing, Atco NJ Nov 13

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have ot seen any post on a Vette site, and I don't want only Vipers to be there. :eek: On the other hand, my Viper is stock and would be embarressed by all the juiced up big brothers that show up! Therefore I think I will bring the Vette. :)

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nooooo, bring the Viper. There'll be more than enough Vettes there already. Cartek alone is sending about 6 Vettes. I'd really like to see a strong Viper turnout this time. Remember, a stock Viper on street tires will still run well into 11s on a 45 degree day and beat the crap out of a stock Z06. It's time that Vipers dominate the event.

I'll be there around 8:30 a.m. I'd like for the Vipers to pit together. Look for a pewter Suburban with a pewter Haulmark trailer. I have Cartek stickers on my black Z06 and trailer door. I'll also have my Sapphire RT/10. I'll try to arrange my cars in such a way that I "reserve" several spots for other snakes.

This is gonna ROCK!!!!!

Paul

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just posted in the other thread but just see that I can not make it. DAMN! What time are you leaving D? You are like 2 - 3 hours away with NO traffic. Atlatic City area is about 75 Miles from my house and you are an hour from me with no traffic. DAMN!

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Updated schedule. Race safe and have fun guys

American Super Car Challenge - schedule of events for Saturday November 13, 2004.

The ATCO track will open at 9:00 a.m on Saturday morning.

Time trials are scheduled for 10:00 a.m.

Eliminations are scheduled for 1:00 p.m.

Registeration will start as soon as track opens.

Race entry fee at gate will be $100.00

Please circulate this information to other racers who will be attending.

Ned Erkman
Race Director
American Super Car Challenge

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not worth it in MY book.

is it $100 to run if yer NOT in the shootout? I dont really care about the shootout as much as hanging and running a time or two....

if it was a rental day and $100....NO PROBLEM.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just talked to the guy in charge of the track event this saturday, Ned at rolling thunder. he said that the entry fee is 100 bucks for the car and driver. not 25 like atco is telling everyone! personally i think its BS, Ned says he will make the enty 25 bucks if owners wish to run with out a purse and just thophy's which is fine to me. i mean the purse is not that big to begin with a few thousand dollars. i view it like this. my gas 20 bucks, my bottle filled 40 bucks, my entry 100 bucks, my wifes entry 15-20 bucks, my babysitter expense 100 bucks. and perhaps i get busted in the first race or worse yet, booted by tech because of time/mph ran with no roll cage. like i said BS guys. look at the ford events, 35 entry WITH purse payouts, but drive a viper and take it up the ****! look guys, i am not cheap just really sick of people thinking they can **** us for EVERYTHING. I have the piece of mind to show up with the car and park it just to show my point of view. last time at atco i was running 129 mph at only 11.8 and they tore me out of the trck so fast it wsnt funny lecturing me about no cage in a car running that mph, sorry but i have better things to do with my cash then to spend few few hundred and be told LATER PAL after 1 run. hell, track rentals only cost that much usually and they never bust chops and you get almost unlimited passes in. my .02

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i could care less about the trophy or purse...I wanna hang out and run a few if possible.

if they give me crap, I'll park it like ya said.....

$100 to embarass myself without naked girls around is STUPID...lol

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree $100 is steep. Remember, Vettes pay the same entry fee so it's definitely not a "Viper thing." I'd love to race for no purse with $25 entry fee.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from another site I found THIS....

just talked to the guy in charge of the track event this saturday, Ned at rolling thunder. he said that the entry fee is 100 bucks for the car and driver.
not 25 like atco is telling everyone! personally i think its BS, Ned says he will make the enty 25 bucks if owners wish to run with out a purse and just thophy's which is fine to me. i mean the purse is not that big to begin with a few thousand dollars. i view it like this. my gas 20 bucks, my bottle filled 40 bucks, my entry 100 bucks, my wifes entry 15-20 bucks, my babysitter expense 100 bucks. and perhaps i get busted in the first race or worse yet, booted by tech because of time/mph ran with no roll cage. like i said BS guys. look at the ford events, 35 entry WITH purse payouts, but drive a viper and take it up the ****! look guys, i am not cheap just really sick of people thinking they can **** us for EVERYTHING. I have the piece of mind to show up with the car and park it just to show my point of view. last time at atco i was running 129 mph at only 11.8 and they tore me out of the trck so fast it wsnt funny lecturing me about no cage in a car running that mph, sorry but i have better things to do with my cash then to spend few few hundred and be told LATER PAL after 1 run. hell, track rentals only cost that much usually and they never bust chops and you get almost unlimited passes in. my .02

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so can we make it $25? And how will we know? I do not want to drive over there and find it's $100 and turn around and go home!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya on that...but im gonna sit and watch if THATS the case...cause thats BS at $100...FOR ME

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
plumcrazy, look above, i was the one that posted what you quoted, on this site not another! and paul i know that the vipers and vettes both have to pay the 100 but this guy ned says he will scrap the purse and 100 fee if that was the concensus of entries, so lets all have the same attitude and just go to run for FUN. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v10.....DUH on my part.....LMAO

whats the sense of being dumb if ya dont prove it sometimes....lol

my backyard is half frozen already...im hoping it warms up by AM....?