Paxton SuperCharger Euphoria - ****** Dyno Results!

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The Beast has come alive...****** dyno, tuning to come. :eek:
A BIG thanks to Bill @VOS, Andy @GPD, and Bryan @BP! :2tu:

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good Snakeye!That is just the Paxton kit by itself?

Congrats!

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Yes, that was with just a stock Paxton kit.

Bill

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats man.

I have heard great things about Vos as well as Bill himself im heading to Vos tomorrow to have my vec 2 tuned can't wait too see what they can get ou of it.

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah yes. Forgot about that one. I'm sure that helped make more HP. :D

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah yes. Forgot about that one. I'm sure that helped make more HP. :D

I feel like bill is cheating on me. I thought that he was all mine.... Bill we need to talk. ;)

also congrats to those great #'s paxton brother :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

vd..

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just got done installing a Paxton System for stock sale in a 05 Black SRT-10 and we got very similar numbers. I will try and get the figures on Monday, and post, but they are seem to be getting nice numbers with the unit only - we did have the pieces chromed though.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try and get the figures on Monday, and post, but they are seem to be getting nice numbers with the unit only - we did have the pieces chromed though.

Sounds like you need to post numbers AND pictures! Feel free to send them to me and I will get them on here for you...

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We just got done installing a Paxton System for stock sale in a 05 Black SRT-10 and we got very similar numbers. I will try and get the figures on Monday, and post, but they are seem to be getting nice numbers with the unit only - we did have the pieces chromed though.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

what pieces did you get cromed?

vd..

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just the supercharger and the intake. We had seen the unpolished versions, and just figured it was worth the extra expense to dress it up under the hood. I will get some pictures and post them on Monday.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the midrange A/F and how fat it looks to be, a small spark plug gap change can make that portion of the graph lean out. Unless of course the gap has already been addressed. The red line in the A/F graph shows no A/F sample was taken during that particular run. Thought I'd throw that in for those that have never witnessed a graph before.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After observing the graph again, it appears to be a bit lean toward the 6K rpm mark. We have not installed a new SRT kit yet, although I would imagine the fuel system is close to that of the Gen2 kit?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Bill,

Apologies for the delay in getting back with you, Sir, and thanks again for taking care of my friends!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the Corsa Track System utilize the stock catalyst or a higher flowing catalyst? I have a client interested in this system and he won't purchase a system that resonates, so I would need to know that info to.
The sound of the Corsa system that utilizes the factory crossover is good, but does it exhibit interior heating like the stock system?
Apologies for all the questions!

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just the supercharger and the intake. We had seen the unpolished versions, and just figured it was worth the extra expense to dress it up under the hood. I will get some pictures and post them on Monday.

so are they chrome or pohished?

thanks

vd..

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes folks!
Here's a pic of how things look under the hood. :cool:

You must be registered for see images

Driving the SRT-10 has now become an extreme sport. :D

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did West Coast viper and DC Performance get between 600-625rwhp on a stock set up as well? Whats the difference?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of stock. The Corsa track exhaust is good for about 50 extra HP. The different dyno's have different results also.
I have my car in to DC Performance now. Very excited to see how she runs after the mods.
"In thrust....We Trust!"

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of stock. The Corsa track exhaust is good for about 50 extra HP. The different dyno's have different results also.
I have my car in to DC Performance now. Very excited to see how she runs after the mods.
"In thrust....We Trust!"

50 extra HP ???????????
headers don't give that on a gen 3

vd..

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I'm currently considering the Paxton kit as well. FYI, on my car I have installed both the Corsa Track and headers, and promptly removed the Corsa Track due to the VOLUME. If the Corsa Track gives 5 rwhp, that's about it.

Viper D,

The B&B step headers give at least 40 rwhp on a Gen III. With cats and exhaust, it's 50 rwhp on my car.

The dyno sheet I got from DC Performance (sales material) showed 650 peak rwhp at 6000 rpm on a Gen III, very close to the 665 shown above and on different dynos with different conditions will give you, yes, slightly different results.

These cars all seem to be a bit different from the factory, and different in the way that they respond to mods. I'm told that most new Gen III's dyno at 430 rwhp, stock. Mine dynoed at 445 rwhp with 3.55's. Add 10 or 15 for the gears and 455 or 460 stock. I have heard of others that dynoed 450 rwhp and up, stock. Interestingly, my car with the minor mods in my signature, dynos right with the paxton equipped car shown above up to 4000 rpm, both rwhp and rwtq, then the superhcharged car pulls away. Heads, cam and valve train work would help this engine a bunch.

I look forward to installing the new Paxton kit, but I'm short on traction now, as most of us are. Any suggestions? This will be our next challenge. The new BFG street slicks aren't made in 19 inches yet, but I'd like to stick with 19's or even go to 20's. Any wheel / tire ideas for the cars adding Paxtons?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, SnakeEye, thanks for the pics, it looks just like ours, and now I don't have to post our photos. Polished does look great, and though it bumps the cost just a little, I personally, really like the look!

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
on my car I have installed both the Corsa Track and headers, and promptly removed the Corsa Track due to the VOLUME. -ViperX
If you had contacted Corsa and mentioned that you were considering their Track system with headers they would have informed you that it wasn't sound engineered or optimized for running with headers. It was specifically tuned using the stock manifolds. As a side note, Corsa did the sound engineering for comp coupe as well.
If the Corsa Track gives 5 rwhp, that's about it. -ViperX
If you've got a Paxton installed it's more like 35-40 rwhp. FI does make a difference in the gains as the factory crossover is rather restrictive for the application. Another benefit to installing a Track system is the significant in-cabin heat reduction and sills that can actually be touched after the car has reached operating temps.
The B&B step headers give at least 40 rwhp on a Gen III. With cats and exhaust, it's 50 rwhp on my car. -ViperX
That's wonderful but what's your $$$ investment for this gain and what about the issue of passing emissions without the cats. Who wants that hassle.
The dyno sheet I got from DC Performance (sales material) showed 650 peak rwhp at 6000 rpm on a Gen III, very close to the 665 shown above and on different dynos with different conditions will give you, yes, slightly different results. -ViperX
And???
These cars all seem to be a bit different from the factory, and different in the way that they respond to mods. I'm told that most new Gen III's dyno at 430 rwhp, stock. Mine dynoed at 445 rwhp with 3.55's. Add 10 or 15 for the gears and 455 or 460 stock. -ViperX
Please stipulate your sources that indicate that a small gear change would have this effect--Thx.
I have heard of others that dynoed 450 rwhp and up, stock. Interestingly, my car with the minor mods in my signature, dynos right with the paxton equipped car shown above up to 4000 rpm, both rwhp and rwtq, then the superhcharged car pulls away. -ViperX
Let's see the dyno as this seems somewhat improbable.
Heads, cam and valve train work would help this engine a bunch. -ViperX
Well sure it would and with your other bolt-ons you'd probably have spent more $$$ than for a what you would have for a Paxton and Corsa set-up and yet still probably come up short on the rwhp.
I look forward to installing the new Paxton kit, but I'm short on traction now, as most of us are. Any suggestions? This will be our next challenge. -ViperX
Try modulating your right foot.
The new BFG street slicks aren't made in 19 inches yet, but I'd like to stick with 19's or even go to 20's. Any wheel / tire ideas for the cars adding Paxtons? -ViperX
Maybe non-runflats might work better for you.

Oh, and thanks for your attempted hijacking of my thread. Ever think of starting your own...nah, it doesn't appear so.

Cheers.

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Heh, SnakeEye, thanks for the pics, it looks just like ours, and now I don't have to post our photos. Polished does look great, and though it bumps the cost just a little, I personally, really like the look!

Glad I could be of assitance. ;)
And yes, the polished does look great...even better in person.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

I'm currently considering the Paxton kit as well. FYI, on my car I have installed both the Corsa Track and headers, and promptly removed the Corsa Track due to the VOLUME. If the Corsa Track gives 5 rwhp, that's about it.

Viper D,

The B&B step headers give at least 40 rwhp on a Gen III. With cats and exhaust, it's 50 rwhp on my car.

The dyno sheet I got from DC Performance (sales material) showed 650 peak rwhp at 6000 rpm on a Gen III, very close to the 665 shown above and on different dynos with different conditions will give you, yes, slightly different results.

These cars all seem to be a bit different from the factory, and different in the way that they respond to mods. I'm told that most new Gen III's dyno at 430 rwhp, stock. Mine dynoed at 445 rwhp with 3.55's. Add 10 or 15 for the gears and 455 or 460 stock. I have heard of others that dynoed 450 rwhp and up, stock. Interestingly, my car with the minor mods in my signature, dynos right with the paxton equipped car shown above up to 4000 rpm, both rwhp and rwtq, then the superhcharged car pulls away. Heads, cam and valve train work would help this engine a bunch.

I look forward to installing the new Paxton kit, but I'm short on traction now, as most of us are. Any suggestions? This will be our next challenge. The new BFG street slicks aren't made in 19 inches yet, but I'd like to stick with 19's or even go to 20's. Any wheel / tire ideas for the cars adding Paxtons?

I really don't buy that for 1 min. as far as the cars go i don't think it the car that have different hp's #s i think its the way the dyno's are twaeked. (also brands) so far to date there has not been 1 proven dyno sheet to support those types of gains. for headers on gen 3 not 2 or 1.

vd..

Mamba man steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hull, Ma. summer /Delray Beach Fl. winter
i agree that no headers make 40 or 50 hp. gains in 3 vipers the best i have made in a gen III was 25 hp. and 20lbs. torque. i am waiting to see dan's # before i put on a supercharger. it is moot i can't hold the power i have now to the ground, maybe someone will come out with drag radials.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Snake Eye,

Feeling particularly feisty last night, eh?

1) No, I did not contact Corsa, but trusted a local tuner with many years of experience. Next time ......

2) Don't have the Paxton installed yet, so 5 rwhp it is for the Corsa Track on a stocker. Still don't believe it's 50 rwhp with a Paxton, or is it just 50 hp? Wonder what the B & B's will make if the Corsa's make 50?

3) Adding the B & B's, dollars aren't the issue, and if you'd checked my signature before you popped off, you would have seen that I kept two cats and have no smog issues.

4) Small gear change? 3.07 to 3.55? Sean Roe's post several months ago. Sean stated that the gear change produces a "dyno only" 10 to 15 rwhp decline on paper. Check the archives, 3.07 vs 3.55. I started that post. But starting a thread never occured to me.

5) Just a comment, heads and cam would help. Do you disagree? Didn't say anything about money.

6) I try to "modulate my right foot", but occasionally I fail.

7) I'm working on the non runflat idea.

8) Not trying to hijack "your thread". A bit sensitive are we?

Viper D,

Call John Horton at West Coast Viper about the B & B header gains. He should have records of my dyno runs and others. These gains are real. And yeah, not are dyno's are created equal.

Good thing none of us are passionate about our Vipers!

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Snake Eye,
Feeling particularly feisty last night, eh? -ViperX
Nah...don't know whatever gave you that crazy idea. :D
No, I did not contact Corsa, but trusted a local tuner with many years of experience. Next time ...... -ViperX
Why not check a source or two and find out and/or verify the facts--first.
Don't have the Paxton installed yet, so 5 rwhp it is for the Corsa Track on a stocker. -ViperX
According to Corsa, it's more like 15rwhp and 20lbs/tq on a stocker.
Still don't believe it's 50 rwhp with a Paxton, or is it just 50 hp? Wonder what the B & B's will make if the Corsa's make 50? -ViperX
No one suggested an extra 50rwhp with a Paxton, only a measly 35-40rwhp. :p
If you're curious on how B&B's would do, why not pick-up the phone and call 'em.
Adding the B & B's, dollars aren't the issue, and if you'd checked my signature before you popped off, you would have seen that I kept two cats and have no smog issues. -ViperX
Great...so you felt the need to make it known that dollars aren't an issue for you...well for most, value is always in favor.
Small gear change? 3.07 to 3.55? Sean Roe's post several months ago. Sean stated that the gear change produces a "dyno only" 10 to 15 rwhp decline on paper. Check the archives, 3.07 vs 3.55. I started that post. But starting a thread never occured to me. -ViperX
3.55 gearing is a great torque multiplier even at the slight risk of a small parastatic hp loss. Maybe you should have considered starting another thread on this rather than attempting to hijack someone else’s. I think this has already been pointed out to you.
Just a comment, heads and cam would help. Do you disagree? Didn't say anything about money. -ViperX
Better breathing usually does help to produce more horsepower...whether it's on the intake or the exhaust side, so why not.
I try to "modulate my right foot", but occasionally I fail. -ViperX
Don't we all, but then most understand the consequences of not doing so as well. You asked on how to hook better and modulation and non-runflats are a good start.
I'm working on the non runflat idea. -ViperX
Yeah...good idea.
Not trying to hijack "your thread". A bit sensitive are we? -ViperX
So be in denial...it's got nothing to do with sensitivity and much to do with showing a little respect/courtesy to the person who started the thread. Btw now that we have things straightened out, it's okay, we can move on. No hard feelings this way man. :2tu:
Now back to our regular scheduled programming: ;)
Paxton SuperCharger Euphoria - ****** Dyno Results!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62