Recently purchased a 99 gts need help

redwhiteviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everything on the car works great but I am concerned that the few mods that the previous owner had done are not aiding in hp increases and possibly lowering hp. The mods are TNT exhaust, K&N direct air, and TNT throttle bodies. I wonder if this is too much air flow to an unmodified engine. Am I being ignorant or is there something that I need to change.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing that may be an issue are the TNT throttle bodies. If they are very large like 70mm, they may cause you to lose some low-end torque with the minor mods that you have.

What has you concerned, have you dyno'd it?

OP
OP
R

redwhiteviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no real concern. Local vca memebers had told me there may be a loss of power with such large tbrottle bodies. I have plans to go the s/c route but would like to optomize my cars full potential until i have the funds to dump money into the project. To my knowledge the car has not been dyno'd and perhaps I have jumped the gun. I will make sure to get a point of reference to work from.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of stock Throttle bodies I'll sell for $160 plus shipping, then you can have the correct size (62mm) for now and go to the 70mm when you go the S/C route. PM me of interested.

Mike