This is why Dodge people are better the chevy people

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they were a little rough on the vette, I mean if they are all excited about that TVR ( that if it's not a kit car, looks like one ) and the porsche at twice the money, buy one. But the vette does do everything pretty well and is very reliable in the long haul. Of course our cars would push several more of their want-to-bees down the "performance pole". Let them track a GEN II or III and see where they end up. But hey, it's all in the name of TV entertainment.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Re: This is why Dodge people are better the chevy people

where do we get them leaf springs ??? ;)
the brits were definitely snobbish ill say that..........

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the corvette and alot of other sports cars i just prefer the viper...
Just didnt like the comments about the brits,If thats the mentality of chevy owners than im glad i sold mine......

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That video was fun to watch but not fare in the least to the Vette. Anyone who looses a drag race to an NSX does not deserve to be behind the wheel. 400hp vs. 290hp

Barry, do not take the things those kids typed to heart. They are brand loyal and it hurt their feelings. Most of them are F-body owners so they aspire to the Vette. To have someone bad mouth there dream car and poke fun at their country is a bit hard to swallow.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you feel the same way if those things were said about your Viper on that show? The C6 is so much more technically advanced than the Viper that those "Brits" would have had a field day with their sarcasm. Perhaps this is how things are presented in Britian, but I personally thought it was snobbish on their part to depict the C6 like that. I don't blame those C6 guys for making "some" of those comments. :usa:

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it still won leman this year and won me a bet so must be a good car....
Just thought they were a bit harsh at times,Didnt mean to cause a heated discusion of any type.....
Baz

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brits are hypocritical when they are ripping on the C6's suspension and handling but in the track test it finished near the top of the chart. If you notice the Porsche GT3 one of the best handling cars in Porsche's lineup posted a slower time than the C6. So who the hell are they kidding. Plus that so called drag race was totally rigged. Notice the NSX leaving the line a lot earlier than the C6. That whole sit was choreographed to pick on the C6. I'm not a vette fan but the car should have had a substantial comparison than the way they represented it.
First off lets put a driver behind the wheel next time that can drive the car.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched that same show do a review on the Viper. They talked pretty highly of the Viper. Biggest complaint was the big guy on the show was a little cramped while in the GTS, and the plastic interior took a jab in the eye. But they were pretty positive about it from what I remember.

I can't say much one way or the other about the Vette. I haven't been in one in many, many years.

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
;) Top Gear is entertainment for the British Television market (BBC). Yeah, they took a few "Cheap Shots" at the C-6. I really chuckled over the remark about the suspension being simular to the Chariot... Charlton Heston drove in Ben Herr!!!

The Stig did a good job Hustling the C-6 around the track and turned in a very respectable time! The Drag race was FIXED... but made for good TV on the BBC !

They liked the Gen 3 Viper's power, didn't much like the heated exhaust pipes, and the Stig had has hands full driving the new Viper on a wet track! I guess there is... No need to compare track times though! Lets wait for the C-6 Z06, which should be closer in power to the Gen 3 Viper :cool: