how often do you wash your cars?

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a couple of months since I washed the black Viper. It's now a luxurious gray color.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to touchless wash every week or two...when it gets dirty...it gets washed.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car only gets dirty after it has been cleaned. I am not sure I should wash it any more.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
A

AntiVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've grown attached to the gray color... there's no reason to wash it. It's not dirty, it's pewter.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once this year....after the dealer took it out in the rain :(

SnakeBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I washed my BMW twice a week. I just have to see how O.C. I am about my Viper when I get one. Who knows I might wash it every day. :D

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every spring to get the road salt off. I wash the doors more often so the track numbers can stick. My wheels are permanently various shades of dark gray.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ugh...Everyday. Why wouldn't you??? Geeze doesn't everyone? Wash daily and wax it once a week.
Just kidding. Spray detail weekly. Wash only if something gets on it. Wax/Polish monthly. :)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just gave it the late Fall wash this past weekend, after several months of not washing it. Probably wash it a *little* more often then that usually, but my garage was getting work done on it, so the washing stuff wasn't easily accessible.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Actually dont have to wash the car that often with good zaino wax, california duster duster and zaino spray for the occasional touch up, but the wheels I tend 2 clean at least 2 times a month, they are polished and I like them to stay that way......

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JWVIPER - you only clean your wheels 2 times a month? I need to clean mine about twice a week - brake dust is a pain in the a**!

I rarely wash it - just use the duster, detail spray, and Pinnacle Wax. The car seems dirtier after I wash it, must have bad water around here!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
In the beginning of the summer I had my wheels refinished (not stcok)cleaned out each wheel well to look new, installed new ebc rotrs(slotted & drilled) and new ebc green pads and the brake dust is much much less. I do hit the wheels each time the car goes back to the garage with a mini duster just for the wheels and like I said maybe 2x months hit it with full water and soap.

much easier now to keep clean......

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...I was actually a little surprised at the answers here. I'd have expected at least once a week to be a good avg. answer.

I guess that brings a question. How often do you DRIVE your Viper? Is it a daily driver...or something kept in the garage only for sunny days, or the track?

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i never get the car wet unless i'm in the rain

i use dri wash about every 2 weeks or so

mine is not my daily, but i put about 10K on it so far this year

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that depends...

You must be registered for see images

...on the car

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my car a lot....like 24K miles in the year and a half i got it...

I wash it almost everytime i drive it.

it is part of the fun for me.....its part of the whole deal for me.

why wouldnt i want my car to look as good as i can make it everytime i drive it ? ? ?

i waited 14 years to get this car and saved for a year or so to pay cash for it....im keeping it clean for crying out loud...LOL

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i clean ( not wash - never gets that dirty ) my viper every time before i drive
it and when i get back from driving it. part of the fun for me to. i'm so bad about it during the summer when i drive it to my condo at the beach ( 2 1/1 hour drive ) i stop halfway clean the wheels and get the bugs off facia and windshield. i never use a hose with water to wash the car but i will get a bucket of water use a wet towel followed by a dry towel, after which i use a quick detailer spray wax. never use a quick detailer spray with a dusty car - you will have scratch city all over it. i also keep a good coat of wax on my wheels which makes it much easier to keep clean along with green pad brakes. LMFAO - i could go on and on about how to detail a car, as you can see cleaning it to me is as much fun as driving it. NO I AM NOT A GARAGE QUEEN, i tend to drive it about 7k a year, always sell it before it gets to 10k miles, never ever drive it in the rain - my car has never been in the rain or driven while the roads are wet or have salt powder on them after snow storms. SO if you see me list my car for sale you should know you are basicly buying a new car,LOL. :D

OK - LET THE FLAMES BEGIN - :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

TOM 2003 SRT/10 RED :2tu:

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't wash the car near as often now that it did a full season on the track. I am almost viewing it as a car now that it has some track rash. I think it has been over a year since it has been waxed.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For guys that have dark cars, I have been trying this stuff,Pinacle Souvenar.WOW!!! I get real anal with my cars.My Viper has 3,300 miles.A 2000GTS.Real pampered.When I go to Greece I but ten rolls of 100% cotton pads.They are nice.I use it when polishing car.Incredible Pure Cotton. Use Pinnacle only for dark cars

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that depends...

You must be registered for see images

...on the car

ViperGTS.....that Jeep did not try to shake any of its dirt onto the Viper like in the commerical/

Cudaman :usa:

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put miles on my GTS, has 30K on it now and I wash the car every time I drive it. Complete end to end with a vac, rims cleaned, tires dressed and leather conditioner.

Thought this foolishness would subside after 4 years but no such luck. I just do not sleep well when it's in the garage not washed. I'd say it has sat unwashed after a drive a handfull of times since I bought it, I've got issues.

Furthermore I hate to drive the car within 48 hours of washing it as the water pulls out of all the crevices and it looks like crap in the first mile, so I don't bother.

Not sure when I really drive the car, hahahaha.....
But when I do, rest assured it's to the tin every time I start it.