Fog light bulb replacement help.

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it really neccesary to remove the front fascia just to change the fog light bulb. Is there a easier way?
Thanks, Rick

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Access to the fog light is through the front wall of the wheel wells. Turn the wheels all the way to one side to get the best access and then remove the 3" rubber plug.

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tried that, but it looks like the housing has to be opened up. Is it possible to do it thru the hole?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a clip at the back of the bulb. Pop that off and out she comes. The housing does not come apart.
Correct. Theres a 2 prong clip that holds the bulb into the back of the lense housing. There's a rubber gasket that seals the clip and the wiring that sits over the back of the lense. Pull the housing back from around the lense (rearward towards you). Under the gasket, you will see the clip. If I remember correctly, you need to push both ends down (forward) and in towards each other the disengage the ends. The bulb will then pop out the back (rearward) with a little yank on the wire.

It can all be done through the hole.

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for your help, but mine is definatley different than yours. I loosened the fascia enough to drop the fog light housing. It is sealed, you have to remove a screw to tak the housing in half. Then you can access the clip that holds the bulb in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456