RT/10 owners in Michigan area?

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you guys own the factory hardtop?

I am trying to decide whether to purcahse one or not. Before I do so, I would like for someone to give me a ride in their car with the hardtop on, so I can really see how much quieter it is than the softop and my aftermarket 3 piece hardtop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 3-piece hardtop - it's still noisy - but I'm not sure how quiet you could get an RT/10 because of the drop-in windows. Also, not sure where you're at in Michigan, but we have several inches of snow here in Saginaw, and the roads have been salted - can't believe anyone would still have their Vipers out and about.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,

I just bought a 2001 Yellow RT/10 on Friday. I flew out to Texas to check it out and drive it home as the weather stated smooth sailing and sunny skies (on Wed). At the last minute, my wife suggested a round trip flight. Good call, I could not have imagined trying to drive it in this!

Andy,

The 2001 came with a hard top that will go on Ebay when the car arrives (next week some time). Although the top is in perfect cosmetic shape, you probably will not be interested as I noticed it is noisy due to a rattle on the rear passenger side.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a BRAND NEW hardtop should have no noise at all...because it's rband new, all sealed

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hardtop rattles can usually be traced to a loose clip or slide on the weatherstrip and can be adjusted i think my old one need a washer, 5 min. fix

OP
OP
A

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably just fly somewhere south and get a test drive in one, and if I can't I'll just get one brand new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets