Just picked up my Paxton Viper!!!

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy f'n hell!!!!

Didn't have a very long drive home, so I never got the tires anywhere near hot enough. Did manage to hook up well once or twice, though - and OMG!! The power is absolutely unreal. By this time next year I'll either be dead (wrapped around a jersey barrier) or in jail.

The blower makes a sinister whine/whistle that I have never really heard any other owners comment about. It isn't obtrusive, but it's almost always there. Can be heard distinctly from the inside and outside (kinda sounds like a jet engine intake).

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:
Thanks for the message Bryon! I sent you one in return. I will be calling your installer this week to see what we can work out.
Power sounds awesome. Just what I need! :D
If your going to crash and burn, might as well do it a 200 mph as 150.
At least I will have a big smile on my face!!!! :cool:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Byron.
That sound is the wind being forced out of your lungs.

I'm still a little intimidated by mine. When the tires hook, the rush is incredible.

OP
OP
A

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

I'm hoping that when the weather warms, next Spring, the tires will hook better. Right now, it's a joke - mash the accelerator and the back end scoots out to the right (EVEN AT 50MPH!!!!!!!!!)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Byron.
A technique is not to mash the throttle at boost.
Try rolling on the throttle from low RPM. When the boost builds up enough to spin the tires...shift smoothly. Again into the throttle until tires start to break traction...shift again.
When the weather cools, you get a combination of more power, and less traction.
Keep focused at all times. Don't let it get away from you.

OP
OP
A

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARMORGOD - Who did your install? How long did it take?

Steve,

A tech, here in Tulsa, who has done a lot of mods for me in the past did it. He completed the project in one weekend. He gave me a great price and did a superb job. If you want his number, let me know.

Bryon

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ArmorGod; Was your crankshaft pully upgraded-pinned or keyed to the crankshaft? I understand this is an important factor to prevent high torque slip of the pulley. Art 138

OP
OP
A

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Art,

Mine was not. I discussed this specific concern with two of the most reputable tuners for this kit and both said that the stock set up was sufficient. We'll see how it does over the long run.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armor, congrats on your new Supercharger. While it feels like an ungodly amount of power right now, I give you 2 weeks before you get used to it and think, "hmmmmm, I could go for a bit more power." I had the same exact feeling when I drove my Viper with 873 RWHP -- I was like, "Holy [******], this is insane!" I got used to it and wanted more!

DLM tweaked my suspension for a softer ride, so my car squats more on acceleration and it won't spin the tires once you're in 2nd gear. This is 873RWHP on a 99 GTS. On my SRT-10, I almost get more wheel spin with the stock motor, the damn car is so stiff.

-Manny