Hoping the new coupe looks like the Comp Coupe? Fugedaboutit

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read in the lates R&T mag that they are not going to do it because it would have trouble passing the crashworthy test....They showed a pic of the new coupe in yellow...Small pic but it looks just like the coupe they showed a VOI...Didnt show the back so dont know if they addressed the rearend...But there goes the hope of a streetlegal CC body style :(

In Corvette news they said the hardtop bodystyle Vette is no more...All Z06/C6 will be hatchback/targa roof bodystyle....And another thing their will be another 500hp convertable sports from and american company...Yep...Droptop Z is on the way...GM is attacking on all fronts...Let the games begin..

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of speculation about the new Vette, but no matter how you package it, its still a Vette. Nice wheels but one on every corner.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Answer, Paxton! :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read in the lates R&T mag that they are not going to do it because it would have trouble passing the crashworthy test

Wait what? It be to nice to total just one or would it be to hostile to get in to the crash test area? :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was posted in a couple other threads, but I am too lazy to retype, so here is a cut and paste:

Road & Crap shows a horrific Photoshop of an SRT-10 with an aftermarket roof. As they are lapdogs for GM, rest assured that it was no coincidence that the bastardized Viper appeared on the same page as a Z06. As they couldn't even base their "photo rendition" on the actual SRT-10 Coupe shown in Dallas and pictured everywhere, rest assured that everything else in that blurb is suspect. I don't buy their quotes for even a second about the Comp Coupe or the 500 horsepower. Expect them to have serious egg on their face in January.

Bottom line, I am not even a little worried about the coupe at this point. My bet is much more "Comp Coupe like" with a bump in the horsepower and maybe even a weight reduction. I expect the fanfare over the new Z06 to last approximately 1 day, despite the fact that it does indeed appear to be one hell of a car. The new Viper coupe will be even more hellacious. And Road & Crap? Well I guess that means they will be damned... ;)

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of speculation about the new Vette, but no matter how you package it, its still a Vette. Nice wheels but one on every corner.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Answer, Paxton! :2tu:

And a Viper is still a Dodge, big deal. Don't get pissy because GM finally grew a set, let's just hope DC reacts.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a Viper is still a Dodge, big deal. Don't get pissy because GM finally grew a set, let's just hope DC reacts.

[/QUOTE]

As I said, nice set of wheels but one on every corner. No offense meant. :rolleyes:

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no "drop top" Z06 coming, not anytime soon anyway, and GM has not announced any plans for one. I have a new one on order and have two Zo6s now and have had 4 Vipers. I would love a new Viper Coupe if they get it right and
I have heard Dodge has a 600 HP answer for the new Z06, we'll see though?

GM has a reputation for over promising and under delivering, so we will see how
the new Z comes out.

There is a lot of Bit..hing going on over at the various Vette boards about the "lack" of styling for the new Z, most people feel it looks too much like the current Vette Coupes.

I am excited about he new technologies used on the Z that will be out some time
in 05 as an 06 model. It will raise the bar for other makes.

2Charmed

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just be patient and wait for the LA Auto Show,and then the Viper will hit the streets. Kinda interesting that the ZO6 is out early in January ( Detroit) and the Snake comes out later in the month----hmmm, enquiring minds want to know if this was planned ( gee, I kinda think so ). The Coupe will be Scoop of January!!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Coupe will debut in L.A. at a "rooftop party" scheduled for 1/5. Interestingly, DCX was looking for Mopar muscle cars to attend this event, but declined my offer to bring my '00 GTS.

A copy of the coupe shown in L.A. will also be shown in Detroit. There are two of the coupes for show purpose so they can avoid the problems of a coupe of years ago when the Wagnum...er..Magnum concept was shown in L.A. then destroyed in a trucking accident (which unfortunately killed the truck driver) during transport to the Detroit show.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey look..Two tools from Toolalley.com...Well excuse me for passing on what I thought was new info. Next time Ill keep it to myself for fear of upsetting the repost police :rolleyes: ...I dont have Viper mag or live on the forums so I dont read every post..Just call me Mr.Magoo :smirk:

Thanks for the read Y2k...Im relieved that it wont look like that photoshop[gasp]that R&T tried to pass off as final...Its really pathetic how corupt car mags have become...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey look..Two tools from Toolalley.com...Well excuse me for passing on what I thought was new info. Next time Ill keep it to myself for fear of upsetting the repost police :rolleyes: ...I dont have Viper mag or live on the forums so I dont read every post..Just call me Mr.Magoo :smirk:

Thanks for the read Y2k...Im relieved that it wont look like that photoshop[gasp]that R&T tried to pass off as final...Its really pathetic how corupt car mags have become...

Hey look, it's the best friend of the iraqi minister of misinformation. Think before you post to avoid looking like an ******.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey look, it's the best friend of the iraqi minister of misinformation. Think before you post to avoid looking like an ******.

Cwaig,

Spoken like a true ****. Speaking of thinking before you post, Iraq starts with a capital "I".

4600 some odd posts... you need to get a girlfriend (or maybe boyfriend in your case).

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cwaig,

Spoken like a true ****. Speaking of thinking before you post, Iraq starts with a capital "I".

4600 some odd posts... you need to get a girlfriend (or maybe boyfriend in your case).

True ****? Bingo!

I am more than aware that Iraq is spelt with a capital letter, however, I suggest that you find other things to nitpick rather than an intentional grammar oversight.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cwaig,

True ****? Bingo!

I am more than aware that Iraq is spelt with a capital letter, however, I suggest that you find other things to nitpick rather than an intentional grammar oversight.

Craig 201 MPH or "Craig 201 KM"
Maybe a blow-up boyfriend. :D

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only spell the United States,Great Britan etc. with capital letters.No 3rd world countries like france for example that have an economy smaller than the state of California. GTS Bruce

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mag but if they said another 500hp drop top is coming from a US company, unless they specifically said or implied Chevy, they were probably referencing Ford. The new Cobra is getting a 500 horse powerplant and they will be building that in convertible form. I doubt you'll ever see a Vert Z06.

Like I said though, I haven't seen the mag, so I can't speak to what they might be implying.

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmm...lets see...Did you think before you posted?? I dont think so...You made and ass out of yourself and assumed everyone has Viper magazine....I dont have a subscription nor do I live on the forums looking for validation from the older folks by trying to sound clever and important like you do....Why dont you run along back to viperalley. I heard Frodo misses his personal buttlick...

See..this is what happens when you put a geek infront of a keyboard in his safe sheltered little house...You are well on your way to becoming and elitist [******] like your idol...Congratulations Craig 1mph...You da man :2tu: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mag but if they said another 500hp drop top is coming from a US company, unless they specifically said or implied Chevy, they were probably referencing Ford. The new Cobra is getting a 500 horse powerplant and they will be building that in convertible form. I doubt you'll ever see a Vert Z06.

Like I said though, I haven't seen the mag, so I can't speak to what they might be implying.

DBK yes they said a Z06 convertable will be coming soon. Had a pic of a disguised Vette with Z06 brake ducts showing...But after hearing the bs about the Viper they wrote I guess I would take this with a grain of salt..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cwaig,

True ****? Bingo!

Correcting grammar is a funny thing. When someone mispells something, another will be quick to belittle that person for making the error. The person making the error will say "what's the big deal". Then when that very same person has the opportunity to belittle or put someone else down, they'll jump at it in a second for a spelling or grammatical error.

Hypocritical human nature at it's best.

Anyone that worries about another persons spelling on the internet needs serious help and needs to back away from the screen. :2tu:

take that!

G

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need serious help.

Misspell has the letter S twice.

A hypocrite I am I am.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cwaig,

True ****? Bingo!

Correcting grammar is a funny thing. When someone mispells something, another will be quick to belittle that person for making the error. The person making the error will say "what's the big deal". Then when that very same person has the opportunity to belittle or put someone else down, they'll jump at it in a second for a spelling or grammatical error.

Hypocritical human nature at it's best.

Anyone that worries about another persons spelling on the internet needs serious help and needs to back away from the screen. :2tu:

take that!

G

its not it's.
Take not take.

Stoopid.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper Coupe will debut in L.A. at a "rooftop party" scheduled for 1/5.

They better have an ark available to display it on then, because we have had close to 10 inches of rain in the last week! :eek:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correcting grammar is a funny thing. When someone mispells something, another will be quick to belittle that person for making the error. The person making the error will say "what's the big deal".
take that!

G

Gerald, the punctuation goes inside the quotes. Also, you didn't capitalize the 'W' on the word "what's" and you used a period (albeit outside the quotes) when it should have been a question mark. So eat it!

BTW, you coming to Vegas soon? I'm going every month. WOOOOOOOOH!

Oh yeah, I am doing forced induction on my Hummer H2. YAY! Just need to find the right company to do it locally.

-Manny