Brakes and pads

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the EBC greens still the best for low dust and moderate performance?
Any opinions on the plated, crossdrilled and slotted rotors from ROTOPROS on ebay for $250inclds.ship?
Thanks bros

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the EBC greens still the best for low dust and moderate performance?
Any opinions on the plated, crossdrilled and slotted rotors from ROTOPROS on ebay for $250inclds.ship?
Thanks bros

For MODERATE performance and low dust, Yes, they are the pads. I've had them and the dust is easy to wife off and it's minimal. Performance leaves a lot to wish for, expecially if you get them hot...

I used these rotors 2 years, no problems. Finally last month I saw cracking at the holes, similar than someone else had here in the forum. I used them hard and have no regrets. 250 bucks for 2 years is OK with me. I'm sure if you drive in more normal manner than I do, they would have lasted longer. They look great too for any posers like me. :D

3114DSCN1640-med.JPG

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, yeah. Look at my picture of the same roto. Now, I just happened to have a backup set of the exact same rotor, so I just replaced it. While doing so, I noticed that even though both rotors(new and old) came from the smae maker, the old defective ones had an inferior rotor. No cracks on the replacements as of yet, but I won't be buying anymore if these do crack :mad:
1882MikesRotors005-med.jpg

1882MikesRotors003-med.jpg

I junked these, :( :(

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics 99,couple ?'s.
-What manuf.were those? Are they RotoPro's outta Calif.?
-What pad were you using?I noticed the pads that don't cut the Rotor as much(not leaving as much dust at stock ones)create more heat leading to cracked Rotors,seen many.
-your rotor has rusted at the hub were they plated?
I have stoptech's now and they rusted also.I'd change just to get em looking right.
Happy New Year!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were rototechs, I believe it is the same manufacturer. I had ECB greens on the front(only the front rotor cracked). Not plated, I had thought of painting them before putting them in place, but since the 99 wheel blocked most of the hub, I decided the not to bother. Happy New Year and good luck.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you search hard enough you will see many bad comments on drilled rotors. Drilling creates stress risers. Even some of the manufacturers will warn against drilling.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Stoptech recommend slotted for track and drilled for posers on the street.

BTW I run EBC Red front and Green rear with a Colne cooling kit (***** to fit but worth every ounce of sweat)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger