allow myself to introduce... myself / about to buy...

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just thought I'd introduce myself with my first post! My name is Paul, I'm in Philly, and I *FINALLY* have $30-$35k to buy a RT-10!!

I'm about to see a black 94 RT-10 (~25k miles, clean carfax, etc) tomorrow in N.Jersey. I'll let you all know how it looks, and if I like what I see, hopefully one of you guys could also take a look with more experienced eyes! :) If all pans out, I could be a Viper owner VERY soon!!!

If this Viper does not pan out, does anyone know of any other good vipers in my price range?

Thanks and Can't wait to be a TRUE owner!!
paul.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good Luck Paul. I am one of the most recent Viper owners around here. They are a great car. Esp when modded.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I do have a 94 that I would like to sell so I can get the GTS that I really want.
Paul, I sent you a PM with the info on the car.

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if head gaskets weren't done, how much to do them?
first thing i do will probably be to drop it off at tator's for a complete one-over.
can't wait!!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

From what I understand (Im not an expert on the subject) after 10,000 miles you don't have to worry about head gaskets. If they haven't gone by then they won't go.

With that said there great cars. The best supercar for the money hands down. Hope it works out!

Venom500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul,
I to am, oops, we are new Viper owners, can't forget the wife, sorry honey. New Wife in June this year also. We purchased a red 94 Venom 500 from Texas in July 2004. I never thought twice and definately don't regret the purchase. I absolutely love our snake. Nothing compares to the Viper, which you already know. Good luck with your purchase.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

From what I understand (Im not an expert on the subject) after 10,000 miles you don't have to worry about head gaskets. If they haven't gone by then they won't go.

With that said there great cars. The best supercar for the money hands down. Hope it works out!

That is incorrect..speak to chuck tator and he will tell you its not if but when..do the head gaskets..I believe about 1200 bucks to do them

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'WHEN' the head gaskets go the new multilayer metal gaskets run around ~$600 for a set. The new head bolts (mandantory) are another couple hundred. Next add the other miscellaneous taxes, fluids, gaskets, bandaids, beer and obligatory honey do's (because you're spending so much time with the new biotch in the garage) you'll come close to $1000 even for the do it yourselfer.

In many cases putting the stock heads back on 'JUST DOESN'T CUT IT' so you'll need to send them in to have them reworked that's another 3-5K depending on who and what you have done to them.

On the up side, when you're finished, the most fun you can have with your clothes on waits at your command. :headbang:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I do have a 94 that I would like to sell so I can get the GTS that I really want.
Paul, I sent you a PM with the info on the car.

Joe, could you please pm me the details on your 94 too. I have a freind with cash ready to buy in the 30k range. Thanks.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, what are the dyno numbers on your car Simms?

I sent my car to Larry Macedo for some tuning and other upgrades. Once he finishes the car and dyno's it I'll have some numbers. Sorry, no numbers yet. The car was detonating after I installed the Roe and needed to go to Larry.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Paul, aside from the Carfax, BE SURE to run the VIN through a Dodge dealer's computer BEFORE you buy...that will tell you a LOT in most cases.

You're going to love a Viper !!

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i took a look at the 94 black RT10 in NNJ. The paint was glossy, but there were several scratches, nick, and chips throughout, and some pretty big scratches and gashes by the side pipes. There were no service records, and the used car dealer where the car was didn't know anything about it. I took it out for a test drive (fun!), but the car wouldn't start without jumping (dealer insists battery is just dead and will replace it).
Anyway, it's hard to pass up for a price of $31k, but as it was my first viper i've looked at, i've decided to pass it up and get a better sense of what exactly i can get for $30-$35k. i'm in NO rush to buy!
Just thought I'd let you guys know. And thanks to steve for offering to take a look at it for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave