anyone use torco as a fuel additive?

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with 76 gas stations dropping the race gas from there stations, i am going to try torco. all the vette guys here are using it with good results. 64 ounces of torco mixed with 18 gallons is supposed to get you an octane rating of 100 or so. anyone using torco?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read a lot about it on some import forums and the feedback seems very positive. Several people who have knock sensors logged the difference between how much timing was pulled with 93 or 94 and with one or two cans of torco added, and it was significant. But no one seems to really know exactly what's in it or how it works, other than I think it does have some MMT in it. To raise octane as much as they claim with the volume of additive they're using would make the torco very, very high octane, and I know some people with backgrounds in that area have been very skeptical. But the bottom line is it seems to work, and the only apparent side effect is some reddish residue on your plugs.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a discussion of the various octane boosters on the board.
I belive Tom the fuel&oil guy posted a link to some real testing that had been done.

The way I remember it, all of the available additives were just about useless.

I'm fairly sure I remember this correctly.

Torco might be different, who knows?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456