ANYONE GOING TO DAYTONA 500

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any VCA Members going to 4 days of Racing @ this Years Daytona 500. I'll be down on Wed the 16th if anyones getting together for drinks or Dinner. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im gonna miss this years 500.

but gonna be down there the last week of april in the viper.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for the 500 but will be there for the first 2 weeks of March for Bike week.

Skeeter

mb346

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was my plan to be down to my house in Dr Philphs Fl. for Febuary and March and catch all the action in Daytona but it seems that all that has now changed with my brother going in for open heart surgery on the 3rd of febuary in the city . I have to be there on his side for his recovery .

CT Viper i hope you enjoy it . Nothing like a few beers and racing :headbang:

- Michael

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mb346---My father In-law just had triple Bypass in July. He is doing fine. He went back to work after 3 months. Feb 17th is the first race, you have 2 weeks to help out. How far is Phillips FL from Daytona?

mb346

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CTViper - I am very happy to hear about your farther in-laws fast recovery . " It is such a basic surgery at this day in age that " as the doctor proformaning the operation keeps reminding us . I'm just curious , where was his surgery done ? As for the 500 and all the fun that comes with it i may have to agree with you and say two weeks is a long time but only time will tell =) . Dr.Phillips or as i spell it " Philphs " is in Orlando . So i'm guessing that it is about a 3 hour ride give or take alittle to and from . I shall keep in touch

- Michael

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MB346---Surgery was done at ST Mary's in New Haven CT. If it's 3 hour drive to Daytona forget it. 6 hrs back in forth is a long ride for a few beers and Chicken wings @ *******!! I'm sure the operation will go fine, wish you luck.

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of surprised Daytona 500 being "The Great American Race" isn't more popular with Viper Owners? I love all forms of racing. I have been to 14 Indy 500's, 8 Daytona 500's, 3 formula 1, NHRA Drags, And just about every other form of track racing. With all the VCA members I would think more would be going. JMO

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mb326--Hope your brother is doing Ok! I will be thinking about the both of you on the 3rd. Good luck--My father inlaw just quit his job last week and retired. I'm taking him with me to the race. He watches every nextel cup race but hasn't been to a Daytona 500. I figure now's the time! :D :2tu: ;)

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to one Daytona 500 in my lifetime, and will never go back for another unless I buy a motorhome and camp out for the weekend. The race itself was fun, but that is the worst track in the world for parking. If you enjoy parking in a field 3 miles from the track, then have at it. I will stick to Homestead Speedway from now on.

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I get there early. What you do is get there on tuesday or wednesday. Get a parking pass at one of the places accross from the track. So on race days you just drive up and park.

OP
OP
C

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig---I've been to 3 formula 1's I though they were boring. Very little passing, over in less then 90 minutes. Pay all that money for Airfare, Hotel, tickets etc and its not that great to me. But to the rest of the World its the Best! It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. I just like racing, all kinds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave