OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Look what\'s back on the auction block

I doubt anything is wrong with it.
I'm sure the new owner is tempted to actually drive his recent acquisition,
but the car would lose value with additional miles on the odometer. Maybe, he just can't resist the temptation to take a long drive on The Pacific Coast Highway! I think he paid north of 70k a couple of months ago, so I'm wondering what he'll get for it.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The guys ad reads like that of a snake-oil salesman.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does it really lose much value if it has 400 or 4000 miles on it? It's still like new. I'd love to know the history on that car...it was made in '97 and titled 6 years later? Where was it all that time? Just stored away I guess.

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does it really lose much value if it has 400 or 4000 miles on it?

Hell yes! Every other Viper has 4000 miles on it.

Bill

OP
OP
M

Matt Houston

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

The car was owned by one of our club members.I think it was owned by Bad Venm from Kansas City. Anyway, I think he was the first titled owner of the car as he bought it under MSO. He never drove the car and bought it as a collectible. The car was sold on ebay a couple of months ago for 70k.
If sold again, this will become a three owner car

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I still don't understand why people buy performance cars and don't drive them, but I guess that's just me.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:The car was sold on ebay a couple of months ago for 70k.

So the last guy bought it for 70K as an investment? What does he think he's going to get for it now? Some investment. :crazy:

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn't there an issue with transfer of original manufacturers warranty (only transfer once?)
Anyway, beautiful car, and I'd love to own a blue/white GTS, but I'd want a driver not an investment.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!

That was my car, I sold it to the new owner, with help of a friend! :D Thanks Chris! See my signature below!

That ad says it's in California. That's not where it was shipped! That seller I.D. is not the guy that bought it.

We're looking up the actual buyers phone number to call and verify it's not him selling the car, then the scam artist will be turned into eBay!

No reserve should be the biggest give away.

E-mail him and I bet you get the same old story....I'm currently in Afghanistan, but the car is in California. Western Union me a $5,000.00 deposit then my 3rd cousin Habeeb, will meet you and finish the transaction.

Some People have all the nerve!

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you look at the bottom of the listing on the left side it says the deal will be completed via an escrow service. I agree there are sure signs this is a scam but why say the transaction will be completed through escrow. I guess the seller has no intention of carrying through...he just wants a list of potential victims to email him. OK, it's a scam!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car was owned by one of our club members.I think it was owned by Bad Venm from Kansas City. Anyway, I think he was the first titled owner of the car as he bought it under MSO. He never drove the car and bought it as a collectible. The car was sold on ebay a couple of months ago for 70k.
Most of the above statement is correct.

With the exception of the statement that the car was owned prior to me. That is incorrect information.

I bought the Blue and White beauty off the showroom floor of the dealership that ordered it from Dodge. The dealership owner planned on keeping it for himself. He used it in local parades in the small town he was located in over the 6 years he had it there.

1Tony1 and Mike Robbins helped me find the car. Which was located in Cleveland Tenn.

The dealership owner decided to sell it because he wanted cash, if I remember correctly he wanted cash for a major improvement he wanted to do at his farm. So paid him cash.

When I bought it, it had 206 miles on it. When I sold it, it had 422 miles on it. I planned on keeping it as eye candy forever....sitting along side the Viper that I do drive, very often, my RT-10. But then I started looking at a SRT-10, with 800HP, so I sold it, and made nice money on it to boot.

Now it's tucked away in....well I won't say where.

I'd never seen so much fan fair as when I went to pick it up. They actually had an article in the news paper about me buying it, and a photo too. It talked about that car being the last new 97 Blue and White that had never previously sold, new still sitting on the original dealers showroom floor, still on mso, still with a full factory warranty, only one anywhere in the country still like that yada yada...etc...

One lady that worked there actually cried saying after it being there 6 years she never thought that the car would leave the showroom....It was quite the scene.

Hope that clears up the history that someone above was inquiring about.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As of now, that auction has been ended! Scam artist outed!

According to a little bird....that scam artist more than likely will get his account on eBay suspended.

There is a little justice!

And just think the winner got it for $1,525.00!!!! I bet he thinks he got a deal of a lifetime!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unbelievable. Ebay is so full of aholes and scam artists. Although I would hardly call them "artists" they are pretty bad at it. I hope it's more than likely he gets his account suspended, he should be arrested.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually e-mailed him about bidding. Here is his response:

"Rich,

I received your email regarding my Viper.
First you have to know bidding is restricted since I am carefully with my auction,so no one will press the button until I have the assurance that he will buy it.

The vehicle is in perfect condition, with no scratches and no damage. The price for the vehicle with shipping included, is $40,000.00 USD.
Outstanding performance: Displacement: 7990 cc / 487.6 cu in; Power: 335.6 kw / 450.0 bhp @ 5200 rpm; Torque; 664.4 nm / 490.0 ft lbs @ 3700 rpm; Bore:
101.6 mm / 4.0 in; Stroke: 98.6 mm / 3.88 in; Redline: 6000 rpm; HP / Liter:
56.32 bhp per litre; Top Speed: 297.7 kph / 185.0 mph; 0 - ¼ mile: 12.9 seconds; 0 - 60 mph: 4.6 seconds; 0 - 100 mph: 10.0 seconds!!! Now please tell me that is not extreme...
All the manuals and the original documents are in English.

The buyer will receive this along with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it in his name. He will receive the TITLE, keys, owner manual...
It has a Clear Title and it is in Showroom Condition.

The vehicle is in Europe, Greece and it will be shipped from here on my expense.
Please REPLY WITH YOUR NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS ALONG WITH YOUR EBAY USER ID IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL. This info will be used to make the reservation at Lufthansa.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.

Thanks!

Daniel Hernandez"

This looks like it has some great scam-baiting potential! ;) Too bad I'm WAY too busy for any of it.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Why is it when there is a scam they almost always have this really broken English, or use way too flowery English, like they are trying to impress you? Obvious scam, but he thinks he is on the down low. But he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Awful lot of that crap going around these days.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anybody stupid enough to fall for this load of crap (the car is in Europe, Greece????) deserves to lose their money. I mean really now..how gullible can someone be.
At least the shipping is free!

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr. Hernandez probably stole that users eBay ID. I bet if you clicked directly on the sellers id, you would hear from the real owner of that ID (who has no idea that his ID is stolen or that a car is being offered under his name). That's why he has his email addy in such big letters, so you don't contact the actual owner of that ID.

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean, the scary thing is that I did click on "Ask Seller a Question" for the reasons you've stated and I received the same response as posted above. So somehow, this scammer has stolen this honest eBayer's identity. Notice in the scammer's response that he wants the person's name, address, and eBay USERID. I wonder if it really is that easy to steal an eBay ID! :confused:
Terry

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anybody stupid enough to fall for this load of crap (the car is in Europe, Greece????) deserves to lose their money. I mean really now..how gullible can someone be.
At least the shipping is free!

I agree. I can't believe it actually works. It's always in a "forign country". I'm sure that's because too many people were saying... "Oh, I have a friend that lives in that state. I'll have him take a look at the car for me." Not good for the "Bad guy".

It seems like it's a very similar scam every time. Could it be just a few people? And why can they keep opening accounts time after time after time?

S

Stang7900

I think I will buy it from Mr. Hernandez, he sounds like someone down on his luck. But is'nt the car faster in Grease than what he stated?