Thinking of going Twin Turbo....hmm...

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a twin Turbo conversion maybe this summer...not sure..I have a local fabercator here that will help with the piping. He custom makes manifolds and to be honest with you, making a turbo system...as far as the piping goes doesn't seem that hard to do. But it all depends on some other mods I am doing right now. Not sure if I want my car to be down in the summer time. Just thinking out loud....any cons of doing this conversion?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude - You just got the supercharger setup going and you haven't even taken it to the dyno. How about beating on it until it breaks and THEN going TT?

:)

JD

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
The TT Vipers are making it hard to justify not going the turbocharged route. Now only if DLM would start offering a TT package... Hmmmm...

;)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of doing a twin Turbo conversion maybe this summer...not sure..I have a local fabercator here that will help with the piping. He custom makes manifolds and to be honest with you, making a turbo system...as far as the piping goes doesn't seem that hard to do. But it all depends on some other mods I am doing right now. Not sure if I want my car to be down in the summer time. Just thinking out loud....any cons of doing this conversion?

Hey AB when you do hook a brother up with that S/C that you wont be needing anymore :2tu:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn ab, you're scared as it is even taking your car to the dyno, what good is a turbo going to do for you? How about giving us some HP/TQ #'s? How about a 1/4 mile run? Or better yet, have you ever revved over 5,000 RPM before? LOL

Gerald

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gerbil boy..my car will be going to the dyno soon. I should be laying down some serious numbers. I am waiting for a custom made lower crank pulley and some other minor stuff. Right now my car is sitting parked due to this crappy ass weather!

If I sell my custom set up, I will let you know stugos. I am not sure if I will go that route with the twin turrbo or not. I may just end up saving my pennies for something different.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerbil boy..my car will be going to the dyno soon.

Adam, I call Gerald the same thing! Those poor little guys! I wonder how many have lost their life so far in '05?????????? :eek:

I think you can do it just fine, but you would be smarter to buy the stuff from me already made for your car! I will give you a good price, don't worry! Give me a call tomorrow, I lost the address to send you the baffles. Talk to you soon!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:D :D :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Adam!! You know I"m just messing with you.... Good Luck and I know you'll have fun doing it as you do everything yourself..
Gerald

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the knowledge and the skills - why not.

I've seen some pretty bad turbo systems that still work. Key is the tune, next is reducing air charge temp to acceptable limits.

My first turbo car had so much lag you had time to eat a packed lunch before it boosted... lol

but when it came on - it came on with all the grace of a starving Tiger in a butcher shop

you won't have the lag issue because you have fuel injection and a BIG engine... but if you had problems getting the SC car right - don't think turbos will be easier. I'd talk to Paolo and anyone else you respect that might save you a bundle of hours trying to perfect homemade plumbing.... that part of it is definitely worth looking at buying instead of inventing the wheel.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The most attractive part of having a TT system is the ease of going to a pump with 100 and then turning up the boost, than after you are done playing around, turn it back down and fill up with 93 again.

AB- my advise is enjoy the SC during the summer and then go for the TT next winter.

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heff, DLM, Paolo... Can someone make a twin turbo system for about $20K???

Jason Heffner is also working on an entry level turbo system which will be targeted at the above price range.

But at the moment, demand calls for the higher end systems! :2tu:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
man! I am getting emails..left and right..

I am not going twin turbo right now....I like my supercharger system I have and I know it's going to slap down some serious numbers when I get some parts in...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man! I am getting emails..left and right..

I am not going twin turbo right now....I like my supercharger system I have and I know it's going to slap down some serious numbers when I get some parts in...

besides I was the first one to ask for it.