AEM Settings

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a heads/cam car with the AEM unit? I recently installed mine and ran the car for a few minutes. It was evident that it is going to need some serious tuning and I was hoping maybe someone had a base map that would be a little better starting point than the stock settings.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good luck. I'm still getting my a$$ kicked by it. I could just as easily build a computer from sticks and rocks. LOL

You see that is the reason why Toni is having trouble...he has tried building computers from sticks and rocks....his math is like 1+2=5 :D Toni is pretty old...so I understad his situation...he still has flashbacks of WW1

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe me CGmaster, you can do all you want and more with the AEM. I don't know much about the Motec, but I can't imagine too much more flexibility; it's complicated enough as it is.

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see a good running AEM-equipped car. I wish I had a car to play with to see how difficult it is.

I work with calibrations everyday and it is sometimes very difficult to get things working exactly like I want because of the interactions between diffent surfaces in the software.

If you get a good working calibration I'd love to get a copy of it.

Dyno Dave

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a perfect running car, but the map is not for a head/cam car.

Tony, you need to have someone that knows what they are doing do the initial map so you can watch them.

Or you can fly out to the west coast and take and EMS class offered by AEM.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a perfect running car, but the map is not for a head/cam car.

Tony, you need to have someone that knows what they are doing do the initial map so you can watch them.

Or you can fly out to the west coast and take and EMS class offered by AEM.

I plan on doing the AEM class......if we could get enough shop guys in the southeast that want a class they will come here. Send me about $1000 and I will pay somebody to do that. LOL

Do you have knock sensors on yours ?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. I'm still getting my a$$ kicked by it. I could just as easily build a computer from sticks and rocks. LOL

You see that is the reason why Toni is having trouble...he has tried building computers from sticks and rocks....his math is like 1+2=5 :D Toni is pretty old...so I understad his situation...he still has flashbacks of WW1

That's funny....my 1+2 = 5 and that equals a 9.55 et .......... what has your 1+2 equaled so far ????? Ever break out of the twelves ? :2tu: