Long Island Tuner?

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator does not really "tune" You will need to have someone with a dyno to dial in your air fuel. What are you doing to your car that requires tuning?

serious racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great neck auto salon has dyno and does vipers. ask for dave 516 466 3368 tell him gary recommended you. the one with viper and vette :eek: :eek: :2tu: :2tu:

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you need done? If it's something simple, maybe we can talk you through it on this board. If you want to haul it to Maine we have a lot of Viper tuning experience (www.f1dyno.com) .

-Dave.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would say visions of speed as well. ask for bill M. he's also tators guy for tuning vipers. they are about 2 hours north and worth the drive for exc service. do it right! DONT WASTE TIME WITH ANYONE ELSE!

boosted1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For tuning it depends on what EMS you are using. Also I suggest mustang dynos for tuning, they have alot of features to aid in tuning. A dynojet is perfect for big HP readings. If for example you have an AEM make sure the tuner is AEM certified. Alot of people think they know how to tune an ECU and really are far from it. Anyone can load basic maps and get it to ball park tuning specs. A proper tuned car should run like stock or better.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adam,

There real name is vette tech. I use them for my old Vette stuff...they recently changed (or added) their name to Viper Tech. I havent brought my 99 over to them as I am more comfotable with Mike at Lee Dodge. But if you don't mind, tell mewhat happened that turned you off to them.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little harsh Adam. As I recall you had some strange short/computer problems. I know plenty about Vipers and have spoken with David about them and didn't get that impression. Plus, lets not forget people, if you are good mechanic the Viper is a relatively simple car to work on.