Drag racing tips

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

This Fri. we will be taking the SRT to the track for the first time. It is only a 1/8th mile but it's still a good time. I am fairly experienced drag racer but I usually run our other car that has drag radials. Obviously the stock runflats are not great for this type of thing, so I would like to know from those who have used these stock tires, what is this best tire pressure and how much heating should I do? And, top up or top down? Lastly, what are common and good 1/8th mile times for a bone stock SRT at sea level? (I heard on good conditions 7.7 at 9# mph????)

DB/Paxton SRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I asked Dan Cragin from DC Performance the same question. He advised 29 psi warm. I think the car is faster with the top up, but it probably wouldn't make any difference in an 1/8th mile.

OP
OP
N

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked Dan Cragin from DC Performance the same question. He advised 29 psi warm. I think the car is faster with the top up, but it probably wouldn't make any difference in an 1/8th mile.

Thanks

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best I can do (many many runs) is 7.9 at 94. The run flats are crap. My car has so much high end power it breaks loose in 2nd as I cross 4000rpm! On a hot summer night. Cool weather? forgetabouit.

OP
OP
N

Nich0las

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you know I appreciate all the responses. We ended up only running an 8.2 at 92mph over the weekend. The car has only 800 miles on so I am sure it will get stonger as time goes on. The track is not good at all so we were pretty stoked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32