Looking to purchase GTS

MichaelEverson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi My name is Mike and I am new to this forum. I am considering selling my current toy to finance a Viper GTS. I am no stranger to fast cars, but have never owned or driven a Viper. the reason for wanting a GTS, is because i currently own a 1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe that I love but it isnt practical to drive every day. Also it is very noisy inside. I think the GTS would be a good replacement for this car. It doesnt hurt that they look somewhat alike. I love my Daytona, but need more useable time with a car.
What are some of the pitfalls of buying a GTS? Are there any years to avoid? I really want the blue/white, does this limit me in the year selection?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this. BTW I also own a 1965 Shelby Cobra Replica
in Viper blue with white stripes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are some of the pitfalls of buying a GTS?

One pitfall is that you buy a stock GTS because it's quiet. Then you suddenly get the urge to upgrade the exhaust and then it's not so quiet anymore. :)

Blue and white are 96-97 yrs.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Mike if you want to hook up at a new england viper club event this spring i will be glad to hook up. that way you can ask a bunch of the guys with different year cars what they like and do not like and check the cars out and go for a blast. we are getting together on feb. 13th to plan our spring and summer calander. You can also check out the calander for this upcoming season at neviperclub.org we should have the calander posted by the end of the month. if you have any other questions email me at [email protected] :2tu: :2tu:

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Mike,

I love the Daytona Coupe. If you want a Blue/White you are limited to '96-97. The are subtle differences among the years but there are no bad GTS's. Take Jerryc up on his offer and get a first hand look at some Vipers up close. You can't go wrong as long as you pick up a well care for snake.

Doc

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Shelby must be some handful for a daily driver if a GTS is a step UP....most would agree a Viper isn't anyones idea of a comfortable daily driver either... :D

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I like your taste in cars and colors. Hope you're not selling either the Cobra or the Daytona to get a GTS. Who makes your kits?

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I like your taste in cars and colors. Hope you're not selling either the Cobra or the Daytona to get a GTS. Who makes your kits?

Totally agree....your cars now are wayyyyyyyyyyy cooler then a GTS.

OP
OP
M

MichaelEverson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both kits are made by Factory Five Racing. I would need to sell the Daytona in order to buy the GTS. Cant keep them all.

here is a pic of the Cobra.

Mine is the closer one. I built the other one for a customer.

More Daytona shots.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand business. Why is that same nitrous system is for sale on this board see it here when it is for sale on a car that was for sale (minus the engine) a few weeks ago. Now, the car not only has an engine but one with an incredible nitrous system, and if my aging memory serves me, at the same buy-it-now price as before.

I'm so confused. :confused: