What should I expect to run?

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator is Doing some major work to my gen I. What Should I expect for a 1/4 mile time with the new mods? Thanks

Head gaskets
3.55 gears
New champion plugs
New magna core wires 8.5mm
Edlebrock headers
Roe Oval Cats
Roe Side exhaust
Roe Smooth tubes
S&B filters
180 degree therm.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With that setup you should easily put an 03 SRT-10 Paxton blower car on the trailer. :2tu: :usa:

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All that major work, especially the new head gaskets--- should run about 60k miles.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all are not being very helpful just funny.

I was hoping for some realistic answers, I'm just curious if I will notice a signifigant improvement in performance. I know the head gaskets are more of a maintenance thing but will the headers and exhaust and gears give me a better ET.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Edelbrock headers are only good for 15-20 hp if I recall correctly. Cats probably 5. So my guess is 1 mph more and a few tenths less.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the gears I say 1/2 second slower than stock, but it will feel faster.

Putting 20% more torque to the ground will make you slower? Hmmmm. With a good run, both 3.07 and 3.55 will finish the 1/4 in 4th gear. If you can get traction off the line, you will be faster.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the gears I say 1/2 second slower than stock, but it will feel faster.

Putting 20% more torque to the ground will make you slower? Hmmmm. With a good run, both 3.07 and 3.55 will finish the 1/4 in 4th gear. If you can get traction off the line, you will be faster.

Thats a big if...

Putting 3.55's on a viper with street rubber is pointless. Just turns it into a spin machine, so yes its going to be alot slower.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not this again...

There was a thread last year where we went all through the gears stuff... Put Kumhos on the rear of both cars and you will smoke the 3.07 with the 3.55 - stock for stock, otherwise...

This is not speculation, it's science. A relatively stock Viper only needs the first four gears for the quarter, even with 3.55s. More torque applied = winner.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't understand why some people think that 3.55 = no traction. Unless your an idiot and have no clue how to drive the 3.55 are great. Once you get in the mid to upper 600 rwhp then 3.07 might be a better choice