Gen I speaker upgrade with INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT 6.1

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering the INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT 6.1 (6.5") speakers for the center of my 94 R/T 10. Does anybody know if these will fit properly? To my knowledge, these high end speakers are about the best available.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if they will fit or not, but these Infinity's are in the low/middle range as far as components go.

How much do you want to spend and then a component set can be recommended?

I myself us Boston Acoustics Z6 speakers in all my cars, even my winter ******.

These can be had for well under the $1,000 MSRP. Ebay has them for $550 and up.

Info on them here.

You must be registered for see images

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome is right in that the Bostons trounce just about anything else out there.

I wrote a detailed guide to performing the install not too long ago, you can see this post for instructions.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really dumb on components. Wow. I thought the Infinity speakers were upper range. They retail for over $500. Internet price is around $200.

I'm budgeted for $200 for two speakers. I guess that doesn't get you very much.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I would say Boston's are better than Infinity. If you really want to go high quality check out JL Audio, Xtant, MB Quart or MTX.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome is right in that the Bostons trounce just about anything else out there.

I wrote a detailed guide to performing the install not too long ago, you can see this post for instructions.

Matt, nice write up but I will add just one thing. Be careful with what you use as a sealant. Some silicone and also other type of sealants will outgas with what can and does eat up the speaker surrounds and sometimes the cones themselves.

If you do use something such as that make sure to let it cure as long as possible before installing the speakers. As in over the winter months. But really, and week or so should do it.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a professional installation in my car.
In order to optimize the sound, the center speakers were disabled. Kinda logic, isn't it ?
Got a nice 1000W amp + subwoofer in the footwell.
Speakers in the door got upgraded. Sounds like a club...

Why would you put such expenive speakers in the CENTER of your car ? Doesn't make sense to me ?!

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Ryan. You are right about this WV Viper owner. I don't know $hit about speakers.

Thanks Mat for the detailed installation instructions.

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Bostons are the best. The Pro series will run about 425 or so for a new set. Infinity ***** in my opinion. I had a pair of the exact ones you are talking about and they made snapping sounds and distorted. MB Quart is a good speaker but they cost too much and have a very harsh sound. You can't beat Boston Pro for clean sound.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run MB Quart and JL Audio speakers with a decent head unit and they rock. Came with the car when I bought it.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When do you want to listen to these fine, very fine (high dollar) speakers?; when the car is parked with the engine off. I posted this last summer:
"Just something for you to consider. I replaced my 2 rear "subs", if you can call 6 1/2 inch speakers subs. I don't know about you, but with the top off, and/or windows out, there is so much wind, road, and exhaust niose, that I have the balance shifted primarily to the rear speakers to hear next to my ear(s). All I was getting was the lows because of the crossover (capacitor). All this said, I replaced my 2 rears with full range (dual cone speaker/coax speaker, whatever you call them) speakers that had a GOOD low end, and loose the capacitor crossover. Now with the balance to the rear, I hear the "full range" of the sound/music. Oh, the stock amp driving the rears knows no difference."
I install "MA AUDIO" SY62F(2) speakers.
I also replaced the head unit (to CD)which makes the real difference in the output to the amps.
http://www.ultimate-sounds.com/maaudio/98.htm
http://www.maaudio.com/sub/index.html
Later,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235