Real Limited Edition or Not

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:confused: :confused: :confused: I read a while back on this forum that the limited edition 2002 GTS supposed to have red stitching on the steering wheel. After reading it I went down and checked mine and it did not have the red stitching on it. I just bought my car two months ago and it has the #204 badge on it on the center console and it is the red with white stripe. The stripe is also made of vinyl of some sort instead of a white paint. What are the other determining factors to know if I got the real limited edition? It has 5700 miles on it when I bought it and the car is not even titled. It is a demo and show car only. Is there any "fake" limited edition out there? Can I know it by running the VIN number of the car? It will be ashamed if I got the fake one because I really love the car and want to leave it as stock as possible ( except for the air intake kit and BORLA exhaust that I want to put this spring). I can't wait to drive this car and hear it roar ( I mean hear it HISSSSSSS) after the winter hibernation. Any feedback if I got the real deal or not will be appreciated.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does have red stitching on the steering wheel and shifter, but the stripes are not completely flush with the paint. The stripes seem like vinyl, but they are actually "raised" painted stripes. All Final Edition stripes were painted like this. Why? I don't know, perhaps cost cutting.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Stripes on ALL GTS are designed to be "above" the paint, with a "hard edge" similar to a tape stripe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456