Some Pics from VIR this past weekend

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool pics. Looks like fun!! How did the Elise do?

Have not been there in the Viper yet, last time I was there was in my old RX7 and it was a great time!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Ed

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the Elise did very well, some of the vette guys were talking about how quick it was.......it wasnt out on track while I was though, i was in an advance run group and he was in intermediate.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard some **** Viper guy almost got black flagged, kicked off the track, and fussed at by quite a few of the event coordinators. What an ***, he gives us all a bad name.

BTW, I was gonna cus you out for not getting any photos of my ride, but I see you saved me for the end... some cool pix.

Jon

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah jon, i got a couple decent ones of you i think...

and i figure i'd but the "rear end" near the end! ;-)

SO wheres the pics you got of ME?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah jon, i got a couple decent ones of you i think...

and i figure i'd but the "rear end" near the end! ;-)

SO wheres the pics you got of ME?

We didnt take any, we were too busy driving... Nick and I didnt even take any photos of our own rides...

Jon

BTW have you fixed your email, becasue the 2 emails you supposedly sent yesterday STILL havent arrived in my in box.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric, glad to see you enjoying the car from the inside.

You got a bunch of comments about things to do before the event and you said you had a few issues. For the benefit of us "sometimes" track guys, what were the issues and what were things you felt you avoided by doing the prep work? Thanks.

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
some of the problems i had were "known issues" with the viper and had i done a little more research(i thought i did quite a bit) others were just weeknesses i feel i need to address

1. my power steering fluid cap vibrated loose, need to tether that down better.
2. should have run a track pad and not the stock brembo pads(at least in the rear)
3. need to add a catch can for oil to prevent it from getting into my intake and in turn burning some oil.(went through 2 Qts over the course of the weekend
4. Should have upgraded to Tom's larger rear brakes to give me better braking power
5. need to install stainless brake lines to get a firmer pedal.
6. When i installed my newly polished gascap the seal wasnt installed properly and the gas was being "vacummed" from the tank from the sloshy around and air passing over the car, which in turn was dumping over my pass. side rear tire = NOT GOOD!
7. Want to install the stageII oil system upgrades to prevent oile starvation, i had some tapping of the lifters in turn 1 and 16-17(hogpen at VIR)

just to name a few