a couple of newb questions...

illegalspeeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. What is the trunk of my 2000 RT/10 supposed to look like? Any mat, carpet, anything? I have the spare, and underneath it, the jack. There is also a strap that runs across the tire from each side of the spare tire well. What is that for? It doesn't really hold the tire down; the hold-down bolt does that.

2. Is the back of the seat adjustable? How?

3. Where can I get an owner's manual for the car? The guy I bought it from promised me one, but turns out he didn't have it.

4. There are a couple of bumps in the paint on my driver's door, like dirt got in the paint. Is this normal for factory paint, or a sign that the door has been repainted?

Thanks guys!

Matt

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) bare plastic resin....I bet it still smells like raw plastic too

2)The seat has a TINY little lever on the front bolster edge. You can't see it except on your hands and knees, head in the pedals.

3) ? Dealer

4) My silver RT-10 had the same bumps all over the drivers door and up the 1/4 panel. Never did try to sand (1500grit) and polish them out, but I bet they will.

OP
OP
I

illegalspeeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Viperfreak, don't try to wet sand out the bumps! I tried that on one of the bigger ones, and I sanded through to primer well before the spot was flat!
Matt

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4. Sometimes the resin drying will cause bumps in the paint. If it's too bad, some have recommended sanding down to the bare panel and letting the body cure for a few days before re-painting. Even putting a heat lamp to it.

Too much trouble for me at this time.

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owners manual? I just ordered one ($16) directly from Dodge for my 97. My local dealer told me it would be faster and easier rather than have the dealer order it. It is also delivered by mail...you don't have to make a trip to the dealer. Ask your dealer for the Dodge phone #.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owners manual? I just ordered one ($16) directly from Dodge for my 97. My local dealer told me it would be faster and easier rather than have the dealer order it. It is also delivered by mail...you don't have to make a trip to the dealer. Ask your dealer for the Dodge phone #.

I called Snake-Oyl Products at 608-849-9878, That is where I got mine for my 97 GTS, if you can, please buy two, they will not be available for long anywhere....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R