2006 Copperhead GTS Spotted in Chicago

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning my wife called me excitedly on the phone (Yes we are a family of Viperholics) and tells me that she's at the light of Peterson and Crawford next to a Bright Bright Orange GTS with Gold/Silver fleck. Even an Ambulance headed in the opposite direction with the lights on and sirens blasting slowed down and was staring straight at the new Viper to have a look at the new GTS! I initially doubted her until she explained that the car's interior had orange stitching and that she had asked the driver of the car what year his car was. He confirmed that it was a new 2006 SRT Coupe! And yes Hemotox aka Alice, the new car has New wheels as my wife guessed that the car had aftermarket wheels and I explained courtesy of both you and Bill Pemberton that the new GTS has a different wheel pattern. So the Rumors are Confirmed and it is the Real Deal. The GTS DOES HAVE a new wheel pattern. If any of the Chicago Crew knows who this is, SPEAK UP!! The driver appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent. Thats all I got for now. Hopefully someone will identify this owner and get me a ride in this car!

Next time I will have to ask my wife to carry a Camera with her.

Jay K.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard on the news a UFO was spotted at the same time and place - WOW sounds
like a good time to visit chicago. by the way did the driver has a greenish
skin tone or was he to far away for your wife to see. :D

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How could a new GTS be on the streets already? Auto show car? Whay wait until Thursday to show it off?? 7 days after the show started?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could a new GTS be on the streets already? Auto show car? Whay wait until Thursday to show it off?? 7 days after the show started?

UFO, I'M TELLING YA, UFO :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Test mule my friend. Before the annoucing of the yellow SRT-10's months ago, DCX workers where running around in them up in Dearborn and such. What get's me is that there's been alot of reports about new GTS's on the road since last summer and no one has been able to get a shot to show everyone. HUNT THAT SUCKER DOWN I WANNA SEE!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay:

I want to appologize to you for the flack you are receiving.

You come here to convey critically important information, and the first thing that happens is that you are ridiculed.

Rest assured that several of us fully understand what you were trying to tell us about what was seen on the streets -

It was a terrorist suicide Viper, right?

(sorry, temptation was just too great)

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alice, no ridicule just asking...

I may wander by the show at lunch today just in case DC decides to sneak it in there. (5 min cab ride) I'll bring a camera just in case.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob:

No, I did not think you were ridiculing. I just used it to launch my (failed at humor) comment about terrorist suicide vehicles...middle eastern driver... oh well.

I am assuming that they painted this SRT-10 Coupe orange to see the public's response to the impending Copperhead.

Wondering (aside from it being a coupe), how good the orange looked.

Alice

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw the blue and white coupe there at the Auto show preview last Thursday. There are other posts about the display already. I'll see about stopping by there in a little bit. Wonder if a DC exec drove down from MI with it?

RD

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hillarious, how lost would a dodge exec be if he was at peterson and crawford.

thats korea-town or something... middle-eastern exec driving orange viper

(lost) thru korean-town asking people for directions to Mccormack place which

is 15 miles away on the other side of town.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver was the guy from FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF! You know, the one from valet parking. He wasn't lost, just out putting a few 'test' miles on a prototype....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver was the guy from FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF! You know, the one from valet parking. He wasn't lost, just out putting a few 'test' miles on a prototype....

:D Ferris Buller is all I've been talking about this week. Ha ha! :p

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone!

Thanks for the Laffs!!

Kaval,

Peterson and Crawford isn't Korea-Town Its more diverse over there. Where your referring to would either be on Bryn Mawr and Kedzie to Kimball or anywhere on Lawrence Ave.

Wanted,

It Damn well coulda been a UFO!

:eek:

Alice,

Thanx for backin' me up! I'm almost positive that its the new model as I grilled my wife with questions like the police investigators with the single lamp in the room and smoky cigar! :smirk:

Radta7,

Are you the guy that drove Paolo's GTS three-four years ago and lived in Bartlett and are friends with Bob Tomasso? Yes the Aliens are calling and delivered the GTS to Peterson and Crawford.
:D Paolo Says Hello!

SSunburn,
If it were Osama who turned hisself in...I woulda CARJACKED HIM THROUGH THE CELL PHONE!!

I'm going to the 2005 Chicago Autoshow this weekend and will have pics next week! Everyone have a Great weekend!

Cheers,

Jay K.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Radta7,

Are you the guy that drove Paolo's GTS three-four years ago and lived in Bartlett and are friends with Bob Tomasso? Yes the Aliens are calling and delivered the GTS to Peterson and Crawford.
:D Paolo Says Hello!

Yes, That's me! Damn now that is REALLY impressive. PM me.

Rob

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha Ha Ha! Now THAT'S funny! That face just instantly popped into my head!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not flack, were just ansy.

Jim take a look at this. This is the 06 Ram Daytona edition. The truck is in Go ManGo! color (same as Charger R/T). It seems (to me at least) the truck's color is more Copperhead orange than the charger.

You must be registered for see images