Brake Pads: Which replacement pads most like OEM?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My OEM brake pads are due for replacement.

I really liked the performance of the OEM pads, but if there is something out there that works just as well, but is less expensive, I'd like to know.

I don't care about brake dust. I just want a pad that will stop the car quickly, and won't fade during long track sessions.

Any recommendations?

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Kai,

You must be driving hell out of your Viper! You haven't had it that long have you?

Just curious, what are they asking for the OEM pads?

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Kai,

You must be driving hell out of your Viper! You haven't had it that long have you?

Just curious, what are they asking for the OEM pads?

I've had it about a year. About 13,000 miles on it so far. It's had a lot of track days, and I drive it pretty hard. I am actually very impressed that the stock brake pads have lasted as well as they have. The OEM runflats have also done well to last this long. They need to be replaced, but 13,000 miles is pretty good for both brakes and tires the way I drive. (I could probably squeeze another 1000 miles out of the rear tires too.)

Last I checked, stock brake pads were about $300 per axle. Unless I can find something comparable, I'll just bite the bullet and get the OEM pads again. They seem like a really good road/track combination pad.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are paying $300.00 per set of stock pads you are getting ripped off. They should not be over $150.00. I have replaced mine three times and never paid $300.00 even for C.C. pads from Bobby Archer at Viper days. I have run both and the stock pads last much longer than the C.C. pads. The C.C. pads did not seem to stop the car any better and were used up after 1,500 miles. The first set on the car lasted 4,000 miles, then the C.C. pads 5,500 miles and now ready for a new set before the season starts 8,500 miles. Call Jon B. at Parts Rack his prices are 5-10% below dealer retail ( I think)but I know they are no where near $300.00. I bought some from him last year when the dealers couldn't get them so he charged 5% less than dealer on that sale verses the 10%. Call him he will do you right, but don't pay $300.00 unless that is for all four corners.

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jon B at Parts Rack.

He has OEM pads for all 4 wheels at $220 total.

That is a killer deal. I just ordered some. Problem solved.

Kai

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4