Crower cams???????

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to get some rwhp data as well. i am thinking about doing these cams with my 1.7 ratio rockers that i have. i will be getting a good set of cnc heads with bigger valves etc. i will be raising my compression ratio to 10:1 also if anybody has specs on other manufacturers cam grinds for N/A motors please post em.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prvt jt - info like this always seems so hard to get from the viper forums. don't know why? a detailed analysis of the cam specs always seems so hard to come by too. if you look at crowers site i think that some of the specs on the cams are incorrect data. when it gets down to crunch time for me i am gonna call thes cam grinders for things like LSA and duration @ .050 , etc.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from Crower. I spent a lot of money on a billett cam from them and it was misground. After hours of labor putting my engine back together it would not run. After days of frustration it was determined that the cam was way off spec. They sent me a new cam but needless to say, this was a "nightmare". If you do buy a cam from them have it checked out before you install it. Once we put the 2nd cam in and with t&d's and mild head work I picked up a whopping 30 rwhp. I also had problems getting credit for some other parts they sold me that were wrong. These guys s--k.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah there rockers **** too. i have T&D rockers. a cam genie or cam doctor will tell you all the specs on your cam b4 you ever install it. i hear comp cams is grinding cams for vipers. i am gonna gvie them a call. i have used crane cams b4. i will call them too.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a few cores from the manufacturer that Crower use that did fit the pin about 5 degres wrong. I was one of the customers, you were another, I know about a few more. Usually Crower do good cams, no problems like this since the 5 degre hickup.

The rockers they had earlier were not rate to more the 5500rpm...
/JP

Stay away from Crower. I spent a lot of money on a billett cam from them and it was misground. After hours of labor putting my engine back together it would not run. After days of frustration it was determined that the cam was way off spec. They sent me a new cam but needless to say, this was a "nightmare". If you do buy a cam from them have it checked out before you install it. Once we put the 2nd cam in and with t&d's and mild head work I picked up a whopping 30 rwhp. I also had problems getting credit for some other parts they sold me that were wrong. These guys s--k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper