New/rebuilt T56

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My transmission just went out and Dodge quoted me $4K for a new one, yeah right.

Where can I get a new, used, or rebuilt tremec for a GenII in the next few weeks for less than $2,000?

Thanks,

Steve

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got on the interstate and shifted hard from 2nd to 3rd then all of a sudden no gears, even though I'm pretty sure I shift harder when racing, so now no tranny :( .

Where can I find a used one for $1000?

Thanks,

Steve

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No gears at all ? Input shaft ? Does the clutch feel ok ? It may be cheaper to get yours repaired. What I was saying, I have seen them used for $1000.
This would have been a good one because you may just need a shaft: here

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Trans in Phoenix, Arizona (602) 233-3850. The tech who does the T-56 is Alger and he is awesome (Gordon does the scheduling). A little over $1,500 for a rebuild with core and I know he has one in stock and ready to ship. However, when he did mine a month or so ago (I blew up the input cluster) I had him put in a 0.80:1 5th gear and 0.64:1 6th gear and I have to say I love them. I now have a true six-speed tranny instead of a four-speed with two overdrives. It cost $1k extra for the special 5th and 5th. Six gear is now 700 rpm or 12 mph shorter than before. I wouldn't suggest the short gears if your tranny was not broken, but if it has to be rebuilt then now is the time to do it. My new rebuild shifts like butter and is quieter than before. Can't say enough about Alger. He even had to turn the appropriate shaft on the lathe to take .005" off to install the new gears. Very high capabilities.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, looked at it today. The input shaft is all tore up. Now...how can this happen when my GTS is near stock (stock arrow rebuild, no resonators, RT x-pipe) with bald michelins??

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, looked at it today. The input shaft is all tore up. Now...how can this happen when my GTS is near stock (stock arrow rebuild, no resonators, RT x-pipe) with bald michelins??

How much high speed(150-190MPH) driving do you do?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456