Off subject (non-viper)

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just realized we don't have a section like this? anyway, I really value alot of the opinions on here... and figured there has to be some computer wiz's amongst us.... just wanted to know if anyone is running 17+ flat monitors for their home computers... I just bought one, I have to say it absolutely *****.... looks as if heat waves are going up the screen.... very poor quality.... wondering if that's the norm quality for such a flat screen? anybody else running with them?

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have either a...

bad monitor or sometype of interference. The interference can be caused by a poor electrical feed or, as crazy as this sounds, I have seen overhead flourecent lighting make a monitor flicker.

You could also have the incorrect resolution specified. Many flat screens like running at its specified optimal resolution. It will be somewhere with your documentation. Probably 1280x1024 if it is over 17".

Another thing to check is your refresh rate. Once again run what the documentation for your monitor tells you.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question,

mine is perfect. You have it connected wrong or it has something wrong with it.

You will like it when you get it working properly.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question,

mine is perfect. You have it connected wrong or it has something wrong with it.

You will like it when you get it working properly.

OP
OP
G

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, the resolution was not configured or something... my teenage brother figured it out. lol hey I'm in the Mortgage biz not the comp tech world! lol... thx 94RT10Ohio... I told him what you suggested and that fixed it. Oh and I just found the snake pit grill. thx