BigCarrot & Skip White -Thanks Alot!!!!

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BigCarrot and Skip White,

Skip White - I appreciate the research and exhaust mods that you performed over the past couple of years on your SRT-10s. The post that you made with photos, detailing your process helped me decide the mod that I made on my 03 SRT-10.

BigCarrot - I had difficulties locating a muffler shop in DFW that would eliminate the secondary CAT. However, BigCarrot directed me to Velocity Performance. Very good facility. I took my car in on Monday and they had it done by Friday as promised. I am pleased with their work. BigCarrot saved me a ton of time trying to find a good shop to do the mods. I really appreciate that.

P.S. Good meeting you in person on Saturday.

MODS Made - I eliminated the secondary cat, replaced it with a straight pipe, replaced the OEM muffler with 16" Bullet Performance mufflers and I eliminated the crossover. Additionally, I had Velocity install K&N filters and EBC Green Pads.

My impressions of the exhaust - As other owners have stated, this combination is loud. However, it is a good loud and it is aggressive. It has a deep throaty tone to it and I love the occasional pop and or backfire on deceleration. There is a drone however, with the top down, it isn't that bad to me. I didn't have time to drive the car with the top up so I really don't know how bad the drone is. The side sills were much cooler, even after 45 minute drive, the sills were at best mildly warm. The cabin was cool as well. It was only about 65 degrees in Dallas when I drove the car, I am looking forward to seeing if the sills and cabin are cooler in the DFW summer.

I love the fact that with the top down and the stereo volume very loud, I can clearly hear that sweet exhaust music when I accelerate.

I am pleased with the exhaust mod, however, as stated earlier, it is loud. This is OK for me since this is a weekend car. However, if I could, I would probablly tone the volume down a bit on cruising and eliminate the drone.

Overall, even with the mod's short-comings, it was well worth the effort. I am much happier with this mod over the stock setup.

Thanks again BigCarrot, Skip White.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456