Emergency brake cover

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed this evening that the leather boot around the e-brake is breaking loose from the center console. It's a minor issue but has anyone else notice this? It almost looks like the leather/plethor was glued to the center console and it's finally coming undone. How do you fix this? Thanks

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sbkim,

I don't know how the 02's are, but on my 98, it isn't glued, but rather there is a ring with clips that grip the bottom of the center tranny cover. If you carefully pull up on the e-brake leather ring, you can see the clips. What I did as a temporary fix was to re-bend and re-shape the metal ring to make it fit. It won't make it look showroom fresh, but it will keep the gap to a minimum.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EA6BPilot - you are right on. I did a double take today and sure enough it's a ring. I guess I will try to bend it back. Do you also notice a slight play on the whole handle - I hope it's not loose.... Thanks again!

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sbkim,

I have been having problems with my e-brake in general for the past few weeks. I have to wiggle and pull the brake to one side to get the caliper to engage, but that is something completely different. If you look under the leather cover, you can see a series of bolts and cables. You MAY be able to tighten those a little. That MAY take care of the play you feel in the handle. Good luck!

Frank

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave