Dealer Service or what?

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my snake into the local DC dealer (I know!) last Friday as it had developed a small oil leak - which I could not troubleshoot.

I got a call later that day saying that the leak was coming from the oil dipstick tube as a result of an aftermarket stick. A while ago I had indeed installed a MGW dipstick handle on my snake. The dealer said that there was an "o" ring missing and suggested that I put the original dipstick back in place. I don’t have the MGW instructions, but did I miss a step? Is there an "o" ring that I should have carried across?

Secondarily, the dealer said that the ROE steering fluid tube I installed was a fire hazard and it should be removed and restored back to factory specs!!!

Are these guys blowing smoke? I thought the fluid tube was supposed to PREVENT fires - not create fires.

Hmmm…
:confused: :confused: :confused:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found most of the "Viper techs" that have gone to the school, but worked on only a few cars are ill educated in what is right or wrong. I think it should be mandatory for them to sign up on this board and get further advice by the REAL techs like The Wizard(aka Chuck Tator), Tom Sessions, Dan Cragin.............................

They are blowing smoke :D :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth