SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys use to protect/clean the suede on the seats? Thanks guys
Ricky :2tu:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leather has no place in an automobile in my opinion. It’s very user-unfriendly and when it starts to go, it looks like crap. A few weeks ago I posted a *****-thread about the leather on my driver’s seat already showing a crease from my “clutch leg” putting pressure on it. I ended up buying some custom seat covers from a place out in Hawaii.

A few weeks ago I received the covers and installed the driver’s side and I have to say, they are the $hits.!! All I wanted was something to protect the OE leather and really didn’t care what it looked like. I ended up with a custom seat cover that will protect the OE leather. The fact that they look great is just gravy train. They’re made of neoprene and have ½” of foam padding underneath.

There are folks out there who work on Viper seats and can give you something much better than OE but the cost can be astronomical. The covers I bought were only $200.00 for both seats. My only complaint is that they will only sell in pairs (both seats). I have no intention of ever deploying the passenger side cover since I never have any passengers in my car.

As far as your original question about suede care – I don’t know. I made it so suede care will not be an issue for me.

You must be registered for see images attach

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29OUTLAW --

Very nice seat covers. Hmmm . . . seat covers, Hawaii . . . I am guessing www.wetokole.com? Are the Viper seats custom shaped for the Viper or did you use one of their generic patterns. Thanks.

Also, I would like people's input regarding cleaning of the synthetic suede inserts. Is this material alcantara or some other material?

/Rich

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The seat covers are specific to the Viper seats and are not made until you order them because they’re available with many different color options. The fit is dead-on. They come in two pieces. The bottom piece has straps with buckles that attaches under the seat. The back piece slides over the back like a sock and has a Velcro flap that holds it tight in the gap between seat bottom and seat back. An added bonus is the ½ of foam under the neoprene. It make the seat nice and soft for tender butts like mine. If you’re just looking for something economical to protect the OE leather, then I think they’re great. Certainly nicer than covering your seat with a t-shirt like some of the ricers do.

You are correct about wetokole also.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use 303 cleaner and spot remover to clean suede
then use 303 high tech fabic guard to protect them ;) :2tu:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The covers! Aren't the seats Ultrasuede? I thought so, but I could be wrong. That would make more sense than actual suede!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but why would you want to do that to a Viper? Hell, the seats will wear out! Just replace them when they do! I'm sure they're still getting plenty of wear underthose covers.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I said there nice seat covers I also meant for $100 each there nice! Personally I would never put them in. And nothing looks better thena nice leather interior (especailly suede!)
Ricky

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leather has no place anywhere near an automobile. It looks good in the showroom and that's about it. My SRT seat was creasing after only 300 miles!!!

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, but why would you want to do that to a Viper? Hell, the seats will wear out! Just replace them when they do! I'm sure they're still getting plenty of wear underthose covers.

The first thing to go on leather seats like the ones in the SRT are the edges of the bolsters from getting in and out and it doesn't take long. To make matters worse, the driver's always wears out and the passenger seat still looks new. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I would rather have the seat covered in a sweatshirt and towels than to look at cracked up leather - but that's just me.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leather is the only material that should be in a car, everything else looks cheap. When the leather wears out replace it (bigcarrot is right on).

It reminds me of my mother who bought this beautiful set of leather luggage from Gucci and put canvas cover on them so they would not get messed up. Never made sense to me, they were the heaviest, most expensive and ugly canvas suitcases I ever had to carry for her.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’m what you might call “anal” when it comes to my stuff. I once traded in a truck after 2 ½ years of ownership and it still had all the factory plastic film on the interior. My Viper still has the factory film over the carpet and door sills. I see no reason to ever remove it. Believe me when I say I have no issues with the way that seat cover looks.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I understand. At least you admit it, my wife has quirks too, I have learned to just smile.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not good for the car to leave that stuff on. Take that crap off and buy some expendable floor mats.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This what your leather will look like in 55,000 miles. :D

Hey, anyone have a 95 tan seat cushion for sale?

416Leather-med.JPG

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And this is what your seat and door sill will look like in far less than 55,000 miles unless you take action from the start. The ad for this used SRT/10 said “perfect in and out”. Is there something wrong here or am I just too anal?
You must be registered for see images attach

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sill is because the owenr either has size 17's or is too lazy to lift his feet.

I have around 7k miles and no marks on the seat like that.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The sill is because the owenr either has size 17's or is too lazy to lift his feet.

I have around 7k miles and no marks on the seat like that.

I was beginning to see one crease forming on my driver's seat at about 200-300 miles and I'm an average size guy. I knew it wouldn't be long till mine looked like the one in the picture. It's from your left leg pushing in and out on the clutch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper