PROUD NEW OWNER OF A 00 RT/10

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
any tips advise for a newbee? i already posted one question regarding stereo upgrade possibilities. I also just joined the VCA norcal regional and am located in teh bay area. Looking forward to hearing from fellow viper lovers.

-Jibran

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
Great Car! Nice Color! If it hasn't already been done, exhaust modification is always good. Might interfere with that new sound system. You'll have to crank that baby up to hear it!!!

OP
OP
J

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks troy and Andy.

i didnt know that the pedals was adjustable,,good tip

exhaust mod has been done, much quieter now :) did you guys upgrade sound in your's?

OP
OP
J

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
btw, does any one know how many vipers are produced every year? any good site for that info?

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my viper there was already a sound system installed. It came with two mounted alpine amps in the trunk and the factory subwoofers had been replaced with two alpine speakers. The radio is a Panasonic disk player with a small video screen that I programed to show short clips of Formula 1 racing. Pretty neat, BUT, since my Cats have been removed I have to crank it really loud to hear it. Also when I turn the bass up the speakers make the car rattle. So I don't turn it on very much. I've even thought about just transfering the system to my Boxster so I can enjoy it. Anyways, that would be like at least a 10-15 pound(2amps, 2 speakers, and a radio) reduction in weight. Hmmm? Maybe I should of got an ACR!?

OP
OP
J

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for teh build info Joseph.

Troy, you are lucky you got teh upgraded sound. thats what i am struggling with. I may just bypass the stock amp all togather and run new RCA cables from teh new strereo to aNEW amp to NEW speakers :-( why did you remove the CATS? i actually had the pipes replaced to get it quited down.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removed Cats because
1)LOVE the sound
2)Cuts the heat WAY down by my feet
3)28 pound weight reduction
4)Around 15 hp increase with Generation 1

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Roe Racing...order filters(fit better than K/N), smooth tubes(good as anyone's), power steering tube(keeps cap from coming off so Viper won't be toasted).

OP
OP
J

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
toasted? is this a recommended thing to do ona 00 RT/10? what's the site for Roe Racing,,sorry i am new. i just want to better understand your recommendation.

OP
OP
J

jibran

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Tomer,

in hercules, CA here (about 20 minutes from berkeley). you ever drive over this way?

would love to compare rides

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave