Viper vandalized! Viper Board Member comes to rescue

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my car parked at the office in "secured parking" only to find out that out of 3200 parking spots in a covered garage that there is no security beyond hourly patrol by the company meter maid. Well found out the hard way after going out to my car on Saturday morning and finding the dash broken apart, the center radio shift bezel stolen and the CD/MP3/WMA head unit stolen.

The car was parked on company parking in a protected area outside of security office in underground parking on Friday night. Unfortunately the top was off and I have never set the alarm in the parking garage. #*##@ darn, this time that cost me. The thieves were fast and dirty, basically pulled the dash apart and took the head unit. Fortunately for me they were not smart. Other than the dash/console, no damage to the interior or exterior of the car, no theft of the VMania Windows, no theft of the ****** 8500 in the glove box, and they did not follow the head unit to the trunk where the 10 disk CD changer and amps are stored. Also, I'm in the process of having a Nitrous kit installed and the NX Express kit and bottle were in the trunk. The robbers were sloppy and to my good luck inefficient.

After getting over the shock on Saturday, I went to see "IEATVETS" to discribe my delimma and show him the damage. He immediately offered the use of a spare center console replacement bezel, a fiberglass, kit and "how to" information for repairing the dash.

On Sunday morning, the wife and I uninstalled the broken dash. The wife laid new fiberglass to repair the broken sections and used body filler to fix the cracked sections. After 5 hours of repair, priming, and painting the dash was ready to be reinstalled into the car. After reinstallation of the dash and the borrowed bezel, we took the car to the local audio dealer for a head unit install which took a few hours to install and repair the damaged wiring. All in all, the damaged was repaired, the new unit installed, and the Viper back on the road by Sunday evening.

I'd like to give a big "Thank You" to IEATVETS for his support and help during the theft. As for my company, there has been 2 other break-in since Saturday morning. Our security people believe it's local kids. I'm thinking of leaving my car this Friday night as bait and waiting in a non descript vehicle for the B**#st*ds and settling the score. Anyhow, I'll advise on how things go this weekend.

Don't let this happen to you. Know matter how nice the neighborhood, how much security you believe is in place, alway verify and take precautions to protect your ride. Some people can't stand to see others enjoying life.

Ivory

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'm thinking of leaving my car this Friday night as bait and waiting in a non descript vehicle for the B**#st*ds and settling the score."

Good idea, as I would do the same.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A number of years ago, I had a "Bandit Edition" Trans Am, and someone keyed my hood bird very long and very deep. Thank god I learned my lesson then, that yes, there are way too many "B**#st*ds out there, who can't stand to see others enjoying life."

Because of that experience, my car never leaves my sight as soon as it exits the garage. I may stop for lunch somewhere, but even then, I will try to find a restaurant that doesnt look very busy so I can find a good window seat to keep an eye it. With used Viper hoods going for $5000 now, I know that I can't afford to park my car any other way. Last year at a car show, I saw someone actually sit on one of the cars hood, so their friend could take their picture. :shocked:

You just can't trust the people you dont know. VERY SORRY to hear your story. I still remember how it feels.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'm thinking of leaving my car this Friday night as bait and waiting in a non descript vehicle for the B**#st*ds and settling the score."

Good idea, as I would do the same.

Just be careful. As much as I would like to beat down the idiots for you, even just stating it here implies some sort of intent, and if things get ugly, what you write here might be used against you.

I also want to raise a toast for IEATVETS. A true gentleman and a role model for fellow Viper owners... especially the part about eating our favorite GMobile. :)

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good guys are apart of this Viper club. We should be proud!

Those ******** that got your top were probably wetting their pants thinkin if this guy owns a Viper he's going to come outside pull out his gun and blow our heads off lol. Too bad you didn't catch them in the act!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I could help Ivory, you know that. It really does **** that some people can't keep their hands off of other peoples stuff. That is the world we live in these days. Glad everything worked out in the end though.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I could help Ivory, you know that. It really does **** that some people can't keep their hands off of other peoples stuff. That is the world we live in these days. Glad everything worked out in the end though.

So did you whoop their asses :p ?