pics of sapphire cars

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of a sapphire car with black wheels? Not terribly concerned with size just that color combo.

:2tu:

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Yeah that would be prefered. One with some CCW, HRE, Kinesis etc. wheels.

Beautiful car btw, sapphire w/stripes is HOT

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep thats the color I want. But for now i'm stuck with a sapphire truck :(

So if anyone comes across a sapphire gts please let me know. Untill then i'm searching wheels for the dak.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep thats the color I want. But for now i'm stuck with a sapphire truck :(

So if anyone comes across a sapphire gts please let me know. Untill then i'm searching wheels for the dak.

When I was looking for a gts, the sapphire was very elusive. I missed buying 5 of them by a day or two over the course of a year. Sapphire and black are the only two colors IMO that looks good with the brown leather. I gave up and got a red instead.

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I have seen a Sapphire with black wheels before... not saying they don't exist, just haven't seen one in person.

You have a Dakota actually in Sapphire? Or is it the Patriot Blue? Just curious... because my Dak. is in the Patriot Blue as well.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, Sapphire rocks. I photoshopped one quickly with 20" startechs.

5397HPIM2505a1.JPG

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a saphire GTS. Until that picture I had never seen one with black wheels. It looks better than I thought it would but it seems to me yellow and white are the 2 best colors to go with if you want black wheels. Just my opinion though.

Ancillary question: why aren't Fikse wheels more popular on Vipers? They are the lightest and I think they look pretty good. I had them on my RX-7. It's been 4 years. I am definitely ready to get new wheels. As of right now, I think I like the HRE 545s the best but am a little leary due to weight.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about a solid black wheel. Just looks dirty to me. Put a chrome or polished lip on it and we may be getting somewhere.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with GJ. However, for a Sapphire car, I think a great idea would be true Sapphire wheels with a polished lip. Haven't seen this anywhere, but I think it will be striking whenever someone does it.
Here's my non-black-wheeled car (pre-HRE's):
5647100_0227-med.JPG

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with GJ. However, for a Sapphire car, I think a great idea would be true Sapphire wheels with a polished lip. Haven't seen this anywhere, but I think it will be striking whenever someone does it.

Here's something similar to what I am talking about. These wheels are metallic black, the same as the car, with a polished lip and the centers removed so the shinier lugs offset the black. I know you probably can't tell the metallic in the picture, but the effect is dramatic in real life. My point is you don't need a contrasting color car (like yellow)for a dark wheel to look good, and it doesn't have to be black. Whoever is the first to go Sapphire blue wheels with polish or chrome trim will not be disappointed.
5647IM000065.jpg

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I have seen a Sapphire with black wheels before... not saying they don't exist, just haven't seen one in person.

You have a Dakota actually in Sapphire? Or is it the Patriot Blue? Just curious... because my Dak. is in the Patriot Blue as well.

Nope mine is sapphire, very very rare color only available on the dakota r/t. Pretty sure there are only 80 or so around :) What can I say i'm hooked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62