Power steering pulley and belt info needed!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who makes the best replacement power steering pulley that is the same size as the factory unit? I have a 99 gts and would like to replace the factory unit before it breaks. Billet, steel or what material? Also with 10k miles on the car is it a good idea to replace the belt at the same time?? Thanks.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, I ordered one yesterday and I was told that the part number is 538 (not 539 as their site shows) for the p/s pulley. Atleast for a GENII.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Im having TNT order a march unit today for install even though Roy said he has never had one come apart from the factory.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one earlier in the week... it should be here today. I'll try to post a pic of it so that y'all can see what this thing is like.

Thanks!

JD

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It seems like the pulleys that break are form the Roe supercharger system? Is it because of the extra tension maybe that the supercharger needs that the power steering pulley breaks? (This is not a bash on Sean Roe's charger...just a question).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like the pulleys that break are form the Roe supercharger system?

I remember the problem happening before Roe. But it sounds logical to beef up the pulley if you're adding supercharger.