Viper Helps Land Job and Drive Ferrari!

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my Viper in December I was doing Marketing Consulting work part time for a landscape company. The owner kept promising full-time work for a couple months, of course the day after I got my Viper he told me his wife said they could not afford to keep me on. So, I was really unemployed and paying for a Viper, house ect.

Well, after looking for serval months, I landed a Marketing Manager job for a retirement planning company. When I went for the interview, in turned out the president is a big car guy. Big paintings of Ferraris, classic cars all through the office, hallways and conference room. We started talking cars during the interview and I mentioned my Viper and it actually help me get the with one interview, they have been interviewing for six months. I just finished my third week on the job today.

I heard about the President's 355 Ferrari convertible from other employees, he normally drives a new Vette to work, well this week he drove the Ferrari everyday because the Vette was having the calipers painted yellow. It's only been this week that I have starting working with he more directly. So today I offered him to drive my Viper. He said ok and said I could drive his 355 convertible. I was a little reluctant at first but said ok (never even sat in a Ferrari before). The Ferrari was real fun to drive. Not as fast as the Viper and smaller in size. I was surprised how little travel the clutch had. It was the best clutch I ever felt. The Ferrari engine was real smooth and had I real cool race car sound. The pedals are real close together and all the way to the right. Had a couple of scary moments trying to hit the brakes at a red light and off ramp! My shoes are little big for those pedals. I was just going to drive it around the parking lot, but he told me to take it onto the highway (can't argue with the boss). Also, I was surprised how low the car sits to the ground. When you roll yourself out of the Ferrari, your touching pavement.

It was great day for me. He is also going to let me drive the new Vette (auto). Should be easier to find the pedals. BTW, he didn't look to nervous in the passenger seat during the couple of missed braking, I was very scared, but played it off like I wasn't.

OP
OP
P

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My friends and family laughed when I told how the Viper helped with getting the job. Most of them said I was crazy to spend so much money on something so impractical. What was weird, when I got the Viper I knew that this car some how was going to help me get a job or find more consulting work. The 2000 Prowler I had for six months never gave me that feeling.

This past Monday the President called me into the office to meet the artist of all the paintings. He told the artist I was a car guy and I drove a Viper. Then he actually told the artist the Viper helped me get the marketing job. It was actually funny hearing him say it. They did of course, valued my background in advertising, public relations, marketing and sales. BTW Bob Lutz owns one the artist's paintings.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goes to show you it's what you have and who you know , even in the competitve job market... ;)

But still , congrats on BOTH the Viper and the Story.

My post count is up by one more now..

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I should try that routine to fix my own unemployment problem. Or maybe not since both Viper and house are paid up. :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235