Proud new owner!

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am, as of this evening, the proud new owner of a '96 RT-10. I am so excited. I drove it back from San Jose to Davis (CA) and got a taste of what the snake has to offer. Thanks to TomR for agreeing to part company with such a formidable beast which hasn't been fully run-in yet after a major engine rebuild! I can't wait to find an excuse to get back out in it again!

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you can update your info under your post now to read that you ain't looking anymore. :2tu:

Reaction score
Hamish,

Congratulations and Welcome to Viperholics Club.

The 96 RT was my first Viper and I loved it. What color did you buy? W/B, R/Y or B/S? All low production numbers and very unique cars. GenII suspension and exhaust with a Gen I interior and Motor.

Suggestions:
1. Be very smooth with the throttle and avoid adding power in turns(including on-ramps) watch out when shifting. A missed shift(lower gear) can be very ugly.
2. Take a driving school, Skip Barber.
3. Join the VCA asap - get a big discount from Skip Barber.

Add power when going in a straight line and look ahead 3-5 seconds. Brake in a straight and try to finish the braking before turning. Learning the limits can be lethal.

Join us(local VCA) the first Tue. of the month. http://norcal.viperclub.org/ Attend as many events as possible to maximize your Viper driving pleasure.

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the greetings and advice. I'll certainly be taking it easy for a while and the driving school is something that I want to do. I have previously owned a powerful (effectively) rear wheel drive car before so am somewhat aware of 'sideways' issues due to inapprporiate throttle! But I get the impression the Viper needs special care in this department. The car is white with blue stripes BTW.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue with white striped MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :2tu: :2tu:
No, White with Blue stripes. :2tu:

(They didn't make blue with white stripes until the '96 GTS, later that year).

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue with white striped MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :2tu: :2tu:
No, White with Blue stripes. :2tu:

(They didn't make blue with white stripes until the '96 GTS, later that year).

DOH Thats what I meant......
Wanted one my self about 6 months ago.
Nice car..
Baz :2tu: :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth