Does this car belong to a forum member?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the interior but can't help on what it would cost to change back-sorry-but a couple of things stick out to me:

"The original P Zero's are on her and they show very little wear"

Huh???

"25,400 miles... no chips and the body has never been touched."

I call b*llsh*t. No way-no friggin way

If you are really interested get a member of the local Viper club to go check it out.

Bill

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran a check on the VIN. No salvage. Looks like it's been titled three times though, all in CA. FWIW, assuming a legitimate car I would expect low $40's, but that's me.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did a search for Sheryl (the ebay userID is "sherylsshopping") in the Northern California Viper Club directory and came up empty, for what that is worth. (May not be anything related to their real name, may not be a VCA member, or at least a NorCal VCA member, etc).

I'd hope a club member wouldn't be so clueless to say "original P-Zeros" and such, though.

OP
OP
D

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran a check on the VIN. No salvage. Looks like it's been titled three times though, all in CA. FWIW, assuming a legitimate car I would expect low $40's, but that's me.

Did you run a CarFax? Seller indicates he is the second owner, purchased car from friend. Friend had after-market wheels/tires...his explanation for the original tires still on the car.

I discovered the guy owns a body shop...that might explain the good condition of the paint (e.g. "no chips"). Anyway to determine if a car has been re-painted via internet pics?

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
great place to check for repaint is around the rear tire rivets, both in wheelwell and inside door jam. theu should be black, and would be taped off if those sides we repainted. I also like to check the weatherstrip, another common area to check for a tape-off area.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly true about the rivots. Some are black and some are the color of the car. I have not figured out how so many are different. This continues through the years. I recently found one that the lower lip was black, this was on a car that was like brand new. No paint work yet.

If a car has 500 miles on it, I will find rock chips. If a car has been driven, it is not perfect.

I would not let simple "nose jobs" void a sale. I send my car to the paint shop once a year to fix chips and scratchs. My car is near perfect....until I drive it down the road.

25k miles and never touched... I would pass just from the BS.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to this guy, and nearly went to see it last weekend...I can't vouch for him, but he seemed legit enough on the phone to to take a look (perhaps find a club member who is close to Alameda. The guy told me he has owned a custom chassis shop for 20 years, and he has a lot of cars, etc...He told me he is winding down his business now (near retirement age), and trying to buy a property, and needs the $$ from the car to put toward the property purchase...My hunch was it was worth a look, I just cannot decide what year/color I want next, so I did not go look...cheers Tomer

OP
OP
D

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He told me he is winding down his business now (near retirement age), and trying to buy a property, and needs the $$ from the car to put toward the property purchase...

Hmmm...he told me wifey was ill and needed $$$ for the med deductible...

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

svensk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have more info on this car? I'm in Albuquerque and looking for a B/W 97 GTS. Are there any Viper board members that live close by and could take a look at it? Thanks Jan.

OP
OP
D

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have more info on this car? I'm in Albuquerque and looking for a B/W 97 GTS. Are there any Viper board members that live close by and could take a look at it? Thanks Jan.

Sure...right after I have someone check it out and pass on it.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456