Shock settings for drag racing

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to the drag strip this Friday.

My first time out with my drag radials and my moton shocks.

Any advice on shock settings?

I'm thinking of reducing the bump dampening on the rear wheels a bit.

What about rebound settings?

The Motons have bump and rebound settings from 0 to 6

My current thinking is a bump of 1 and a rebound of 3 for the rears, and bump and rebound of 3 for the fronts.

Any advice here from some of you drag experts?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai, rule of thumb for a drag setup is soften the rear damping, stiffen the rear rebound, (squat and stay planted as it's said) on the front, the exact oppisite. Big difference, but don't let this mislead you into what's happening. This in of it's self is not pushing down on the rear tires, not at all. What is pushing down on the rear tires is the idea, you are transfering weight. Cars that have four link suspension, do not do this. They actually raise up in the back as they take off, as the four link will press the tires down on the pavement.

Get some use out of that fine ultra expensive suspension. I wonder if it even has parameters, that let you go to where you need to? I doubt it since it leans toward auto cross, and the likes.

You really want to make a difference at the track, pull the front tires, and screw the spanner nut up, raise the car about 3/4 of an inch. Now you have a head start, in weight transferance, a huge one.

Skip

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala