Metal Polish on Viper Wheels???

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got "00" wheels on my car. They still look great, but are getting a little hazy on the surface near the rotors. I was told I could use an all metal polish like Meguiar's NXT Metal Polish without it harming the wheel finish. Anyone used this type product or know if it's ok with the 18" 2000 wheels? Thanks.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not recommend it. Those wheels are clear coated.I would treat the wheels it as if it was your Vipers paint nothing harsh.The haze my be in the clear coat and then you would need to have them stripped and cleared again.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would not recommend it. Those wheels are clear coated.I would treat the wheels it as if it was your Vipers paint nothing harsh.The haze my be in the clear coat and then you would need to have them stripped and cleared again.

Are you sure about that Steve? My understanding was that only wheels up to 97 were clear coated but I may be wrong.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just use a good wax on them after you wash them.I have ben doing that on my 2000 and never had a problem. Use a Carnuba wax no, silicone on them. Forget the idea of metal polish. You will kill the clear .

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey RX, I met you at voi 8. You have got to try the best metal polish I have ever used--forget mothers billet and all else. Try Henry Canups at www.getpolished.com and order the green liquid polish. This stuff is incredible.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey "GOT" easy way to tell try a very small area with some very fine metal polish if the cloth dosnt turn black as you rub its clear coated

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 99.999% sure they are clear coated. DO NOT use a metal polish. To get the haze out, use 3M swirl mark remover. The haze is actually fine scratches in the clear. Then finish with Zaino or NXT or Carnuba car polish/wax. Works for me every time.....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 99.999% sure they are clear coated. DO NOT use a metal polish. To get the haze out, use 3M swirl mark remover. The haze is actually fine scratches in the clear. Then finish with Zaino or NXT or Carnuba car polish/wax. Works for me every time.....

I'll add the .001%, so that you know for sure they are clear coated. I also agree with using the 3M swirl mark remover. Use an old soft sponge when cleaning them, no brushes. This will cut down on the scratches and marks.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3M product used below, along with a coat of Zanio. The important thing is to keep on top of them, never let them get to bad.

8631022705_2.jpg