New Viper Owner here Any advice

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys I just purchased a 96 RT 10 White w/ Blue stripes. Got it in MO Friday night, Drove it up here to Chicago saturday and drove it like another 200 miles yesterday just tooling around town. Anything I should now. I got w/ 24,000 miles on it I need a new shift boot seal, rear tires and and an alignment, I got hard and soft tops 2 sets of windows and I drove the first 200 miles from MO to Chgo w/ the top off and froze but enjoyed every mile. i just joined this site what else should I know about my new car and what else should I get checked out. I had the MO Chrysler dealer check it out for me and they told the above listed problem areas anything they may have missed. I love this car.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Re: New Viper Owner here

Congrats and welcome to the club. Bet you still have the "Viper Smile" from the first drive. Make sure the front wheels are point straight when getting on the GO pedal as you don't want to get SNAKE BIT by the torque of the V10 monster!

Good luck with it and let the mods begin.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sign up with your local VCA club (you can do it on this site). Give a call to local president and find out when the next meeting/event is. Call Skip and sign up for driving lessons. FIND A VIPER TECH IN YOUR AREA, get on first name basis.

Get all the little stuff fixed too (shift boot seal, new tires, and have your viper tech give it a full over when doing the alignment).

OP
OP
I

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will do that we have a pretty large Dodge dealer here who sells many Vipers so I think I may take ride there this weekend and see whats what with there service dept.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Next Weds. in Schamburg, is the Illinois VCA monthly meeting.
Come say hello!

OP
OP
I

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Maybe I will check it out and the only real complaint is God do I have a ton of brake dust on my white wheels from a 1000 mile weekend of driving?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Il96RT10-If your looking for any Roe racing mods,you can order through me!See ya at the meeting!
Welcome to the other side :D