Brakes squealing and brake pads are fine in depth

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got my Viper and the brakes are great condition however low speed brteak illicits loud whine. What Can I do?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a feature of the stock brakes. The only way to get rid of the squeaking is to put on EBC green pads which are a good low dust, low squeaking pad for the street. Not suitable for the track.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have stock brakes, they will most always squeek a little. However, On mine, I had 1 really squeeky one and upon closer inspection I noticed the back of the rotor was engraved from the brake pad by the previous owner and I had to get the rotor cut. One I did that and purchased some new brake pads for that side, I barely have any squeek. It was embarassing.

OP
OP
I

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks alot, and anyone ever change there own battery. Mine was not drives very often by the previous owner and initial starting is very hard till t turns over. Any ideas about this?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a feature of the stock brakes. The only way to get rid of the squeaking is to put on EBC green pads which are a good low dust, low squeaking pad for the street. Not suitable for the track.
If you've got scored rotors, though, you'll likely need to turn/resurface them, or even putting EBC Greens won't stop the squeak - others have reported that EBC Greens will squeak and not brake as well unless they are put on a relatively unscored rotor. (I'm a big proponent of EBC Greens - but the common thread of those that don't like them seem to be that they put them on significantly scored rotors, which leads me to beleive that this may be important for your satisfaction of them).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235