Central & North Florida Drag Racing School ****Don't miss this!!!****

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Central & North Florida Drag Racing School ****Don\'t miss this!!!****

The Viper Club of America of Central & North Florida is pleased to announce the 1st Annual Drag Racing School with NHRA and IHRA Top Fuel Drag Racing instructor Doug Foley, Sunday, May 22nd, 2005, in Bradenton, Florida. We are flying in Doug Foley and his staff especially for this exclusive event in the midst of his drag racing season. This is also being held at Bradeton Motorsports Dragstrip "The Home of the V-10 Nationals Finals" as a private rental for the the drag racing school.

We have also got Doug Foley and his staff to train us in our VIPERS!!!!Doug Foley’s Drag Racing School will conduct classroom time in the morning for drivers. This time will be spent covering on and off track safety, burnouts, staging, reaction time, launching off the starting line and making incremental and full track passes. We will also provide an instructor for your group in the classroom and on the track.

This is geared for the first time drag racers, intermediate levels and experienced racers.

The maximum number of participants will be 20 Drivers & Vipers, so call Barb at the Orlando VCA office to make your reservation. Call (407) 366-0366 and you will need to give Barb your credit card information and names of those participating. The credit cards accepted are: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. The deadline is Friday, May 13th.

The cost for this full one-day event is $100.00 per car and driver, the club is paying the balance. This only available for current paid VCA members of our club.

This only $100.00 for a private rental, a professional drag racer and his staff to give you PERSONAL instruction only available to 20 Central and North Florida VCA members.

CALL NOW, IT IS PARTIALLY FULL......

THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE BARGAIN!!!!!!

Cudaman :usa:

Here is a link to his site:

http://www.dougfoley.com/index.cfm

One person's response after attending his school:

I just wanted to relay my appreciation to you, Doug and all the crew on giving me the experience of my life. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it, as well as my daughter, who only watched and videotaped it. I thought it was well organized and done in a timely manner. To top it off, we got to see some other cars run, which put down some awesome runs. The crew was extremely knowledgeable and friendly to all. Wally was correct when he said he couldn't explain how it feels to run one of these cars, I can attest to that, you have to experience it for yourself to know and now I know when I try to tell others about it. I don't think I will soon forget. I know one thing, it makes your personal car feel quite tame, no matter what you drive. I have a friend or two who are considering doing the experience and I am recommending your school. I will be letting them see your brochure and maybe I can get you more business. Keep up the good work, I know you enjoy doing it. Adam Novicki

Doug Foley
You must be registered for see images attach

Doug Foley, a 13-year veteran of Drag Racing and owner of Doug Foley’s Drag Racing School, started competing in the sportsmen classes where he finished third in Super Comp in 1994. In 1996 he moved up to Top Alcohol Dragster ranks with his first win in only his second season with many final rounds to follow.

In 2002 Doug Foley along with good friend and long-time racer Tim Lewis, formed Foley/Lewis Racing. They continued to compete in Alcohol Dragster through the 2003 season where they finished 9th in the NHRA National Points Standings and second in Division 1, picking up 2 wins on their way.

While attending his first IHRA National Event in Rockingham, NC in the fall of 2003 he and partner Tim Lewis decided to try their hand at Top Fuel Racing. He licensed in Bradenton, FL with the help of Bruce Litton and crew. His first event in competition was in San Antonio, TX and they continued to run the entire IHRA tour, picking up wins at Cayuga, Canada; Budds Creek, MD, and Norwalk, OH, making him the winningest Top Fuel Rookie Driver in the IHRA's history. He finished the season in 3rd place and his plans are to continue in IHRA Top Fuel for the 2005 season with the possibility of making some NHRA stops along the way.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Central & North Florida Drag Racing School ****Don\'t miss this!!!****

The reason it is limited to 20 Vipers and drivers is because Doug Floey said this the maximum number that he and his staff can give their personal attention to. They will number our cars, put us on the dragstrip to make passes and then call us back and give us the results of the correct things we did and the incorrect and what to do to straighten it out.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The one F'n weekend I can't make it in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We will miss you there Bill

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My car gets laid up this month for a real supercharger install. If not I would be all over this event. Way to go VCA North/Central Fl. for coordinating and pitching in $$. Sounds like alot of fun.
Those that make it, Enjoy!

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I found some new information, the drag racing school is $100.00 for any Central and N. Florida VCA member and $200.00 for any VCA member from any state...... BUT you have to be a current VCA member.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ward are there any spots left? I would love to come down.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think it would be a cool event. I might just have to look into it.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary you should come down, I already have my spot.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I left a message for Barb. Count me in if there are any spots left.

Thanks!

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK I got in touch with Barb, so I am in.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am in as well. I also signed up my friend Bruce. He has the White Mamba I have posted a few pics of. Sounds like a blast. It will be good to get the gang together again. We will be staying in the Hampton Inn just down the street from the track. Email me if you need the info on that hotel. For anyone who is on the fence, the last time I went to taht track, I was kicking myself in the ass because my car was being built. It sounds a little intimidating at first, but trust me, once you get there, you will very happy you signed up.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary,
PM sent. I can't wait to see that beast of yours.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Info sent. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you have not signed up, you still can do so by calling Barb at the VCA office in Orlando now at 407-366-0366. If you are a current VCA member of the Central and North FL club, your cost is $100. all other VCA members from other regions are $200. We are limited to 20 cars and drivers and have a few spots still open. CALL NOW!

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

We need to do some go-karting on Saturday night, whos' in?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm in!! I am bringing about 9 people with me, so we will have a blast. Anyone knoy if Tony A will be coming down??

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Tony will not be coming down. I had to cancel as well. I hope everyone has fun.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Ward,

Doug Foley and I are looking forward to your event this Sunday, May 22nd.

To better prepare and organize your event, we would like to have some information on each driver with info on the car in which they will participate. With a wide variety of drivers, varying degrees of on track experience and engine modifications to their vehicles, we feel that the following information would be helpful not only in preparation, but in providing personal attention and teaching on track as well.

Each driver should forward the following information by Friday evening, May 20th to: [email protected]

1). Driver name, address, phone
2). Vehicle description including year, model and color

3). Engine modifications and after market additions

4). Estimated horsepower

5). Drag strip experience in this vehicle?

6). If raced before, the best 1/4 mile elapsed time and mile per hour

Thank you Ward. If you need help in disseminating this questionnaire to the drivers, please let me know how I may help.

Thanks,

Gary Trumble
Instructor
Doug Foley's Drag Racing School

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No Tony will not be coming down. I had to cancel as well. I hope everyone has fun.

More than one Tony A ??? ;) No, I'm not going....you guys have fun.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Information sent.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sunday May 25 Viper Club Schedule

8:30 a.m. Bradenton track will open the gate.

9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Classroom time for drivers: discussions on track safety, burnouts, staging, staring line procedure,
reaction time, launching and making a pass. Drivers will walk the track at the conclusion of classroom time.

10:00 a.m. Drivers will be assigned a driver's number and time trials will begin. Runs will be critiqued.

12:30 p.m. Break for lunch. The concession stand will NOT be open, so BYO.

1:00 p.m. Short discussion with drivers and time runs resume. Runs will be critiqued.
Just prior to the conclusion of the day, the driver with the best reaction time AND the driver that is closest to their
predicted dial in without breaking out, will be awarded a Doug Foley Top Fuel sweatshirt.

4:00 p.m. Secure track.

All drivers are required to provide their own safety equipment, including required helmets for all drivers. Additional you must have a long sleeved shirt and long pants. If you have a racing/fire proof uniform that would be preferred if possible.

Gary Trumble
p.s. I will be at the track early afternoon on Saturday, wearing a black Doug Foley's Drag Racing School shirt.... I will be sporting my gray hair and beard
Instructor
Doug Foley's Drag Racing School

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was a good time for all ...... no one broke anything. A father and son team pulled off a .001 light. The new comers to the track learned the proper way to do things .....

EVERYONE ONE CAME AWAY A WINNER!